2

2- A dream is wish your heart makes.

- Walt Disney

Wonder always passed through the lobby at exactly 4:56 pm. She came from her room to lobby, waited a for a phone call and left the buidling in a rush. I've been coming down here, to just see her each day. Yeah, it may be a bit creepy I'm just curious.

With my phone in my lap I waited in the lobby for her to come down. My toes curling in anticipation, my eyes never leaving the elevator- I wait. She comes down at 4: 57, somethings wrong, for what I know Wonder is punctual and by the tired look in her eyes I can tell that she's hurting.

I shuffle closer to the door, and watch as she walks to the middle of the lobby and answers her phone that was ringing. She frowns then shoved her phone in her pocket. Her wary eyes gaze towards the door before rushing out the doors.

Her foot gets stuck on the rug and if it wasn't for me she would be face first on the ground. "Shit," She curses letting her hands land on my chest, her forehead was on slightly elevated and slowly she looked up through her fluffy eye lashes. Her hazel eyes widen as she drinks in my face and freezes as my hand moved a tiny bit around her small waist.

I frown and look at her. I want her to say something, anything. My chest rose and fell as we looked at each other. Her mouth parts and says, " I-I, thank you." She says, finally she pushes me away and steadies herself.

I scratch the back of my neck, "It's okay," I pause, "Are you okay?" Her hand touched her hip and winced.

She places a smile on her face, "Yes I'm fine." She licks her lip nervously, "I'm Wonder," She introduces herself.

"I'm Jason."

Wonder tucks a piece of hair behind her ear averting her eyes from my face. She lets out a sigh, "I'm sorry I can't stay and talk. I have to go-"

"Wonder!" A girl with tan skin and olive green eyes comes through the door with a irritated scowl on her face. "What's taking you so long-" She stops and eyes me up and down a small smile lingering on her lips. "Oh, hi I'm Nadia. Wonder introduce me to your friend." She lightly nudges her friend.

Wonder rolls her eyes before turning around to face her friend. "Nadia this is Jason, Jason this is Nadia. Come on, let's go we are going to be late." She grabs her friends arm and pulling her through the lobby. For a second she turns to look at me and mouths. "Bye Jason."

I sigh running a hand through my hair. The urge to ask to go with them did cross my mind but of course I wouldn't.

With a groan I rush back to my apartment. My mom was at the hospital today, so the house was empty. When I get up to my house, I flip down on the couch and sigh when my phone rings.

Minx's condescending voice called through the phone. "Are you done playing hooky?" She teases.

"Hi Minx how are you? How's your day going? I'm good Jason thanks for asking." I say sarcastically.

She snorts, "Oh shut up Jason. Do you want to come out tonight?"

I sigh, I might as well go somewhere today. Leaning further into the couch and say, "Sure, where are we going?" I ask.

Minx hmms for a second, "Well Maven just wants us to go to her house and just hang out. However I'm thinking we go down to the pizza place and get some pizza. The drinks have free refills on fridays." I think for a second, then I finally I accept.

"Yeah I'll go. I'll meet you guys there," I tell her before hanging up.

I think if I stay in this apartment any longer I'm going to go crazy. Ace left to go to Seattle so everyone has been a little bummed about it. They've been constantly hanging out but I've never been bothered.

I pick up my jacket that I had left on the ground when I first came in and slip it on as I lock the door to the apartment.

When I reach the front door of the lobby I sigh as the cold air hits me. It takes me about 15 minutes to get to the place. I could see my friends through the glass windows.

Minx was the first one top spot me. I'm say so myself." She says dramatically leaning back in her chair.

Jax grinned at me, "Jase don't tell me you have a girl locked up in your house? " He raises his eyebrows suggestively.

Maven laughs, "He couldn't get a girl if he tried."

I roll my eyes and sit down with them." Or maybe I just got sick of your ugly faces." I let a tight smile reach my lips as I taunt them.

Minx huffs, "Shut up, you know you love us."

"I never said that." I hold back from letting my mouth twitch upwards.

The night goes on and Levi and Hadley arrive being the sickeningly cute couple they are. But a few other people enter the shop.

I sit up and let my eyes linger on the soft brown waves of hair that covered Wonder's left side of her face. She talks with her friend Nadia and flips the mass of hair to the right so I could have a better look of her face.

Almost instantly her eyes shift to mine, her lips curve upwards and before I knew it she was approaching me. "Hi Jason."