Chapter 5: Not Safe

Start from the beginning

Kihyun.

The redhead beta's eyes widened when he saw me standing in front of him covered in flour and who knows what else. I've touched a lot of things that I don't even know what they are for. Kihyun still had a few bandages on his face... he seems to be slowly healing from the thing I did...

I lowered my eyes to the floor feeling a little shy around the beta that looked like he wanted to rip my head off for injuring his face and for messing up his kitchen.

Kihyun took a deep breath and stepped in front of me placing both his hands in front of his face to calm himself down before asking what I was doing.

"Changkyun," he said calmly "what are you doing here? Why did you lock the door? Why is my precious kitchen a mess?"

"I wanted to be alone... and bake cupcakes..."

Kihyun raised an eyebrow at my words "bake cupcakes?"

I nodded "I eat when I'm upset... and I wanted cupcakes."

Kihyun sighed walking passed me to take a long look at the damage I did around his kitchen. The bowl with the cupcake batter was carelessly left on the table with the batter dripping from it, there was flour powder all over the floor... and other shit I touched and tossed around cuz they smelled weird... I also misplaced everything.

Kihyun looked at the kitchen's mess with horror and I saw him hold in his desire to scream, but he bit down on his upper lip and clench his tiny fists when he saw I broke a few cupcake molds ... 

I honestly don't know how I broke them...

I felt embarrassed when Kihyun kept inspecting the damages I made. I couldn't help but walk towards a corner and hold in the desire to cry. I didn't want to get scolded by the angry beta. I bit my sweater paws while keeping my eyes on the redhead that just finished looking around the whole kitchen.

"My god..." he stopped right in front of the cupcakes I was decorating.

"You made all this mess in my kitchen to make that?" the look on Kihyun's eye scared me, I tried avoiding his eyes when I nodded.

I heard a groan and saw the redhead take the cupcake in his hand and quickly take a bite. I felt my eyes widened at the sudden act but felt relieved that Kihyun hasn't exploded.

"Mmm.." the beta moaned when he chewed. I guess the cupcakes taste good.

I slowly made my way towards the counter where Kihyun was devouring the cupcake I made and I asked him if it tasted good. He just ate half of the cupcake in one bite leaving me surprised.

"Okay let's make a deal Changkyun, you let me keep this cupcakes and I will let the kitchen mess slide."

"Really?"

He nodded "They taste really good."

"I'm glad." I smiled widely at the beta whose eyes widened at the sight of me smiling. It seems like it is the first time he saw me smiling genuinely at him. "I love to bake sweets, it is my dream to have my own bakery someday." I tell the beta "my mom made the best sweets you could ever taste. I want to be just like her."

"Or you will be better." Kihyun gave a small smile that kind of made me feel shy. I lowered my eyes to the floor and moved away from the counter to start cleaning my mess. Kihyun helped and we both set out the task to wipe the place clean.

When we finished mopping the kitchen I saw the beta sit on one of the chairs to stare at me finish mopping the corner I was at.

"How did it go?"