Chapter 21

I couldn't sleep. 

I got up and started pacing around the room. I checked the clock and it read 3:18. 

I decided on finally texting Shane. Even if he wasn't awake, It would make me feel better. 

I can't sleep. 

I sent the text and plopped down in bed. Mom wasn't home yet and I doubt she would be coming any time soon. 

My phone vibrated and i frowned. 

I'm coming over. 

My stomach made a flip as i read Shane's text. 

A couple of minutes later my phone vibrated. 

Your door is locked. 

I got up and made my way down the stairs. I unlocked the door and he walked past me and into the house. 

"What's up?" He says.

"I uh.. I just couldn't sleep." I say, chuckling nervously. Should i tell him about tom? 

I decided against it for now. 

"Want me to stay with you?" He asks, placing his hands on my hips. I nod slowly and he smiles. "Let's get some sleep." He says, leading me upstairs. 

"How come you're still awake?" 

"I just couldn't sleep." He says, shrugging. I could see that he was trying to hide something but decided to not push him for the truth. I nod and we walk into my room. I sit on my bed and hug my knees. 

He lays down beside me, kicking off his shoes. "Come here." He says, opening his arms slightly. I make my way into his arms and rest my head on shoulder, my back pressed onto his chest. "Are you sure everything is okay?" He murmurs. I nod. 

"Can you stay?" I ask quietly. I feel him nod. 

"I'll just head home early in the morning." He mumbled. "Is your mom okay with this?" He asks. 

"Since when do you care mister 'I don't care if they see us'?" I let out a small laugh. He just shrugs and rests his head on my shoulder. 

-

"Keira Faye Pierce!" I jolt awake to the sound of my mom's yell. She stood in the doorway with her arms crossed. Shane stirred beside me and he popped his head up. 

His eyes widen as he notices my mother standing there. 

"It's not.. We didn't.." I start to explain but she cuts me off. 

"You have twenty minutes till your class!" She exclaims. Oh. She sighs and leaves the room. 

I get up quickly and run towards the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. Did my alarm not ring? 

There was a knock on the door. "I'm going home to change, i'll pick you up in ten?" I open the door and give him a quick peck, nodding. "Faye." I hear him chuckle. 

I roll my eyes. 

-

"I kind of need to tell you something." I say in a small voice. Shane parks the car in the parking of the school and turns off the ignition. 

He turns to look at me, waiting for me to speak. I take a deep breath. 

"Tom texted me last night." I mummble. 

"What?" He says. 

"Tom.. He sent me a-"

"I heard you." He cut me off, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "Is this why you couldn't sleep?" He asked calmly. 

I nod without saying anything. 

"Why didn't you tell me yesterday?" I could sense that he was trying not to get angry. 

"I don't know.. I just didn't want to have to deal with anything in the middle of the night." I say, wincing as he punches the steering wheel. 

"Fuck, Keira!" He says, aggitated. 

"I'm sorry." I say, shrinking in my seat. The bell rang and he curses again. 

"Show me the text." He orders. I scowl. 

"No." I say in a small voice. He turns his head in my direction, an angry expression on his face. 

"Keira.." He warns. 

"It's non of your business okay? I knew I shouldn't have told you." I say, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"Keira please just show me the fucking texts." He snaps, raising his voice. I shrink in my seat and shake my head. "Fucking hell.. Keira please just..." I let out a breath and hand my phone to him, giving in to his pleas. He scrolls down the short conversation and I could almost see the smoke coming out of his ears. 

"I'll deal with this." Shane says, opening the car door and slamming it shut after getting out. 

I climb out of his car and follow him into school. 

"Please don't do anything." I plead, stopping next to his locker. "Shane.." He opened his locker door angrily and pulled out two books, batting it shut. "I shouldn't have told you!" I snap, walking down the hall, away from him. 

"No, you should have told me yesterday!" He yelled, grabbing my arm. "You don't know him like I do." He says a bit softer. "Just.. please let me deal with it.." He asks, his gaze pleading. 

"Can't you just forget I said anything?" I asked, sighing. Shane runs his hand through his black hair and sighs. 

"Just stay out of it, okay?" He stares at me, waiting for me to agree. 

I don't reply, instead, I turn around and make my way to my class. I will defineteley not stay out of it. 

****

Hii, i am so sorry for taking so long to update. I've just been so busy so sorry x. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Hopefully next one will be more interesting. Maybe leave me some feedback? i love hearing from you guys and anything to improve this story or my writing is appreciated xx Thank you for a thousand reads!

fan,vote,comment?xx

Thank you for reading (: