Chapter 14

Someone stood above me, covering the light. 

My eye lids fluttered open and i came face to face with Shane. 

"Hello." I said quietly. "What are you doing...?" I asked, frowning. 

"Trying to wake you up." He said, shrugging. "We're going for a walk."

"What?" I asking, sitting up. 

"I'm bored of sitting around watching you sleep." 

"Wah?" I said, swinging my legs off the bed. "You were watching me sleep?" i said, raising my eyebrows, amused. 

"What?" He said. He turned his back to me, tying his shoes. "No?" 

"mhm." I said, grinning. I got up, stretching out my arms.

"Let's just go." He said, rushing out of the room. I let out a laugh and followed him. 

"We were just going out." he said to Lissa, as she and my mom walked through the door. 

"Have fun kids!" My mom called out, walking into the other room. "oh and if you decide to camp out there, don't forget to put some sweaters on." Me and Shane both turned to look at each other, his lips twitched. 

When we walked out of the cabin he burst into laughter. 

"if i didn't know any better, i would think that our parents are trying to set us up." I nodded, letting out a laugh, feeling my face heat up. 

"Let's go." I said, but waiting till he leads the way. 

We walked past the trees and i shivered from the cold breeze. I stupidly forgot to get that sweater. 

"So who's that guy you drove up to?" I asked. I felt his body tense up beside me. 

"I just needed to pick some stuff up." He was avoiding the question. 

"That doesn't exactly answer my question." I said, letting out a nervous laugh. 

"He's just a... an aquaintance." He said with an exasperated sigh. 

I let it drop.. not wanting him to get mad. 

We reached a clearing and as we walked a bit further, i realized we were at the edge of a cliff. 

"Wow." I said, admiring the view. 

He nodded silently. I took a seat on the ground and continued scanning the scenery. 

He took a seat beside me. He placed his arm on his knee. 

I hugged my self for warmth. I heard him sigh and then get up, shrugging his jacket off. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, frowning. He didn't answer, instead, he put his jacket around my shoulders and plopped back down beside me. 

I let out a breath, watching as the vapor from the cold faded away. "Thanks." I breathed. 

i didn't answer, he just took out his pack of cigarettes and popped one into his mouth. He lit it and took a long drag. 

"How long have you been smoking for?" I asked. 

"A couple of years." He answered. Taking another drag. 

"It's not good you know.." I said quietly. 

"I know." He said, looking at me. I had a question that kept bugging me, i pondered whether to ask or not. 

"Hey can i ask a question?" He shrugged, exhaling the smoke. "It's.. personal." He looked at me from the corner of his eye questioningly. "Where's your.. um.. dad?" i regreted the question the second it came out. I bit my lip as i watched his eyes grow dark. "I'm sorry." I started. "i shouldn't have asked that- you don't have to answer.." I trailed off as he got up, walking off in the direction of the thick trees. "Shane?" I asked, a little scared.