Chapter 3

Another chapter up WOOP. enjoy xxx Picture of Casey on the side.

***********************

Today i woke up at nine. I was currently seated in the kitchen, alone. Mom had come home at four and went right to sleep. She'll be awake soon enough, her shift starts in two hours.

I spent one hour un-packiing my stuff. I only had a couple of boxes left.

Today, i decided, i would head out and try to find a job. We didn't really need any extra money but i wanted to feel responsible. Most importantly, i needed something to keep me out of our empty house.

I cracked a couple of eggs into a pan and added some sausages.

Mom trugged down the stairs at ten and sat on the chair, still half asleep.

"Here." I said, sliding my mug of coffee infront of her. She smiled thankful and took a sip.

She crunched up her face. "Don't you put any sugar?" I shrugged. She added some suger and i filled each of our plates with eggs and a piece of sausage.

"Need the car today?" She asked.

"Well i was thinking about looking for a job... but if you need it.." I trailed off.

"Why do you need a job?" I couldn't exactly tell her why without hurting her feelings or making her feel guilty.

"To not be bored. Plus, it would be nice to have extra pocket money." She nodded.

"That's okay then.. Lissa offered a ride anyway." Mom got up and placed out plates in the sink. "Oh by the way, Lissa has a son... about your age." I nodded, uninterested. "I think she said her name was.. chance? chase? i really don't remember.

"Shane?" I asked.

"Yes that's it! You know him?"

"Yeah we met a couple of times." I said dryly.

"Oh that's wonderful." She clamped her hands together.

"Mhm."

"He's easy on the eyes too." She threw a wink at me and i grimanced. He might be attractive but he was hella rude.

"Aren't you late for work?" I asked, hoping to change the subject.

"Trying to get rid of me?" She lifted her hand up to her heart with a fake hurt expression.

"Yes." I said seriously.

She chuckled and got up. "Going to get dressed." She said, walking towards the stairs. I sighed and checked my phone. I was texting some old friends but i knew this wasn't going to last. My last weeks in NewYork were a bit lonely. Not that i fought with anyone, nor push everyone out. Okay maybe i did push people out, but who could blame me really?

My mom came down the stairs after ten minutes and informed me that she was coming back home late.

She rushed out of the door and i was all alone again. I sighed and decided to head out.

I went up to my room and got a quick change of clothes. I put on some light blue jeans and my All Time Low t-shirt. I slipped on my black vans and head out.

I drive around for a while, not knowing where to look. Working at walmart crossed my mind, but i didn't want to be working with Shane. I parked my car and decided to walk instead.

I walked for around ten minutes before spotting a starbucks cafe. I huge grin spread across my face when i saw a 'help wanted' sign.

I took a deep breath and stepped in. The place was packed! The smell of coffee instantly hit my nose and i smiled. I walked over one of the people working.