Chapter 23 - MallFriend

{Recap: After I walk in and lock my door behind me, I see the piece of paper on the counter and I remember. "Oh, yeah..."}

I grab the paper on the counter and unfold it. It says on it, "Text me! (xxx) xxx-xxxx"

I grab my phone and enter the number.

Contact added

'Unknown' changed to 'MallFriend'

MinHee
Hello?

MallFriend
Who is this?

MinHee
I'm that person you gave your number to in the mall!

MallFriend
Oh! Okayyy!

MinHee
I never told you my name! It's Kim MinHee!

MallFriend

And as you know, I'm Lee SooYun.

MinHee
Do you want to meet up somewhere?

MallFriend
How about the park near Seoul Mall?

MinHee
See you there!

I set my phone down and grab my mask. I slip it on as I walk out to the parking lot and get into my car.

I quickly arrive at the park and sit on a bench. I pull out my phone and text SooYun.

MinHee
I'm here!

MallFriend
I just arrived! Where are you?

MinHee
I'm sitting on a bench.

MallFriend

Oh! I see you!

I see SooYun and she runs over to the bench and sits down next to me.

"Hi, SooYun!" I exclaim.

"MinHee? Why are you wearing a mask?" She asks, slightly pointing at my mask.

"Reasons..." I sigh.

"Tell me!" She exclaims. I shake my head 'No'. "Pleaseee?" She whines.

"Fine. Did you watch the news?" I ask.

"Omo! That was you?" She nearly yells.

"Shhh!" I exclaim while nodding my head.

"So you and RM are dating?" She asks curiously.

"No! That was my brother! He just... looks like RM when he has a mask on!" I make an excuse quickly.

"Oh. That makes sense!" She says.

We continue to talk for a while until the sun's about to set.

"It was nice to talk to you!" SooYun smiles.

"It was nice!" I smile back.

"I have to go, so I'll see you later!" SooYun exclaims.

"See you!" I yell as she runs off.

I sigh slightly after she runs off. I have work tomorrow. It's sometimes nice to have the job I have. I don't have work whenever the group I'm working with has days off. Tomorrow we really need to practice for DNA. Otherwise, we should be fine. I'm only teaching them the choreography for only two of the songs for their concert, after all.

I sigh as I stand up and start to walk to my car. I open my car door and sit down in my car. I quickly hook my AUX cord to my phone and start my BTS music playlist.

I drive home blasting my BTS music and maybe slightly annoying or entertaining other people.

My favorite, Dope, comes on and I start quietly singing along.

Ireon ge bangtan seutail
Geojitmal wackdeulgwaneun dalla
Maeiri hustle life
I gotta make it fire, baby
Reon ge bangtan seutail
Geojitmal wackdeulgwaneun dalla
Maeiri hustle life
I gotta make it, gotta gotta make it
Nan jom jjeoreo!
Say what?
Say woah, woah
Say what?
Jjeoreo!

I arrive at the apartment building, just as the song's finishing. Perfect timing!

I run into the apartment building, saying hello to the others I run by, I run up to the second floor, which is the floor my apartment is on, and I run into my apartment, remembering to lock the door behind me.

I run through the hallway, to my bedroom and promptly fell asleep on my bed.

[Author's Note]

NEXT UPDATE WILL BE IN TWO DAYS, SPADES!!