Chapter 17 - Mall Friend

{Recap: I run as fast as I can to my apartment and make some Cup Ramen to eat when I suddenly get a text.}

I open my phone to see that JaeEun texted me.

  •  

Bestie~: Unnie~! Can we hang out?

MinHee: Sure! Where should we meet up?

Bestie~: Can you come to my house?

MinHee: Alright! I'm coming!

  •  

I shut off my phone and run out to my car to head to JaeEun's house. I drive for a while, remembering how to get to JaeEun's house. I pull up next to her house and step out, walking up to her door.

I don't even need to knock, because as soon as I get close to the door, the door flings open and JaeEun tackles me in a bear hug.

"Unnie~! You're here!" JaeEun exclaims excitedly.

"You only call me unnie whenever you're trying to get me to go somewhere that I don't like to go. What's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, Unnie~! We'll use my car!" JaeEun exclaims.

"You don't need to call me unnie! I'm only a month older than you!" I exclaim as she drags me to her car.

I get into the passenger seat and buckle in, and JaeEun gets into the driver's seat.

She turns on her K-Pop playlist on her phone which consists of BTS, EXO, B.A.P, BlackPink, Red Velvet, Big Bang, and Twice.

"So, where are we going?" I ask.

"Shopping!" JaeEun giggles.

"I knew it! You were trying to bring me somewhere I don't want to go!" I exclaim.

"Sorry, Unnie~!" She says while making puppy-dog eyes.

"Calling me unnie and using puppy-dog eyes won't work on me JaeEun. You know that." I say.

"Hmph." She pouts, puffing out her cheeks.

Then, our favorite song comes on by BlackPink, Boombayah. JaeEun and I give each other the eyes as we start to sing along.

"BOOMBAYAH!" We chorus, "Yah, yah, yah, yah, Boombayah! Yah, yah, yah, yah, Boombayah, yah, yah ,yah, yah, Boomba, boomba, Oppa!"

After the song ends we pull into the mall parking lot, giggling.

We get out of the car and JaeEun continues dragging me. She drags me to her favorite store and leaves me in the middle of it as she wandered off.

I hear some girls talking about some Glitch Party? According to them, some BTS MVs went glitchy. Then after that, I hear them gossip about the latest rumors about BTS dating some other girl idols.

"Oh yeah! That was so shocking! But, did you hear about RM dating..." One of the girls exclaims.

This sort of gossip annoys me, especially when about my brother. I walk over to them and tap one of them on the shoulder. Let's call this girl One. The other one is Two.

One turns around sharply. "What do you want?" She snaps.

"For you to stop gossiping," I reply coolly.

"Psh! It could be true!" One exclaims.

"It isn't," I reply coldly. I know this to be true, because if my brother was dating someone, 1. He would come for advice on girls, 2. He's forever alone, 3. He would tell me while freaking out and most likely while breaking things.

"How do you know?" One asks, slightly smirking, feeling like she cornered me.

"I know him personally," I say, just to get it over with.

One's eyes widen. "Omo... really?! Can you set me up with him? He's my bias!"

I'm slightly confused, as she was just gossiping about her bias? I won't argue, but okay? Also, my brother with a girlfriend? As I said before, he's forever alone.

"He... uh, wants to focus on his job right now?" I lie.

"Ah, that makes sense..." Two finally chimes in.

"That's too bad, but we still want him and the other BTS members to do well! Hwaiting!" One exclaims.

"I have to go find my friend. She sort of... abandoned me." I say, looking around.

Before I leave, Two taps my shoulder and I turn around.

"My name's SooYun! I hope we can become friends!" She hands me a slip of paper with what I guess is her number.

'That name... It sounds familiar...'

"See you around!" SooYun waves at me as she runs to her friend, One.

"Bye!" I wave back.

'Well, I just made a friend.' I think to myself as I run off to find JaeEun.

[Author's Note]

Did you listen to the new the new album, Face Yourself? Did anyone cry like me? No? Okay...

ANYWAYYYY! THANKS FOR READING SPADES!!!