Chapter 7 - Encounter

Inicial Notes

Hello, Hello! Dear Readers <3

Thank you readers for the votes given in the previous chapter and for the comments.

Hope you like the chapter enough to consider giving your vote!

If you find any grammar errors or have any suggestions just let me know ;)

ENJOY!!!

Will

We headed to the airport on Saturday morning. The trip to Hawaii was quiet and tiring. I couldn't sleep on the plane because the seat was really uncomfortable. I tried to relax during the trip, but my thoughts were a thousand per hour.

I was feeling anxious for no reason and my mind just wouldn't shut up.

When the plane finally landed, my mother and I waited until everyone got off the plane. We always did this to avoid all the confusion of the passengers wanting to leave all at once. Ergo, we are the last to leave the plane.

My mother is quick on her feet, I'm guessing she's excited to meet Dad, who insisted on picking us up at the airport, even though my mother suggested taking a cab instead, saying that he didn't need to do that, that it wasn't necessary, blah, blah, blah.

In the end, Dad convinced her by being all romantic and paternal, saying that he couldn't wait to meet us and so he wanted to be at the airport as soon as the plane landed.

"Mom, you can go ahead to find Dad while I get our bags."

"Don't be silly. I'll go with you. The bags are too heavy for you to carry alone."

"Mom, I'm pretty sure I can handle two trolley bags."

"I'll go with you, anyway; I don't want you walking through the airport alone." She says, already going towards baggage claim.

"Mothers." I say as I roll my eyes, but I follow her anyway.

We located our bags quickly and then headed to the airport lobby.

It doesn't take long to find my dad. After all, he stands out from the crowd, being tall, blond, strong, with blue eyes and a 'charming' smile on his face, or at least that's what I heard some women say.

If it weren't for the wedding ring on his finger, I'm sure many women would try to get close. Some people did not believe he was my father, they assumed he was my big brother.

Well, they also did not believe that my mom was my mom, with honey-colored hair, green eyes and a body to envy, my mother doesn't appear the age she has.

Suffice to say, they make a striking couple.

My father was holding a sign written "My beloved family" to make it easier for us to locate him, as if it were really possible to miss him.

He noticed us as soon as we were in his line of sight and nearly raced towards us, although my mother wasn't much better off, having quickened her pace even more when she saw him.

They met in the middle and hugged like they had been apart for years, and then, because I so deserve to witness this, they kiss in the middle of the airport. Just like the last scene of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead men tell no tales.

And I just stand there, apart from them, hoping people won't notice me. I am exhausted and very sleepy, so much so that I don't notice my dad approaching me, and suddenly I found myself trapped in a bear hug.