Chapter 24: Fertility

(Ana's POV)

"She is taking it", he says, deadpan.

"No she isn't", I say, holding my ground.

"She is."

"She isn't and I don't wanna hear more."

"But she can catch infection!" he grumbles.

"No I won't", Mila joins in and I hi-five her as Christian scowls in frustration. Take it, big man.

"There are thousands of kids who'll drink water from the same bottles in the school. It's better you take your own", he reasons.

"Why do you want her to carry extra weight?"

"It's for her own health."

"So you think I don't care about my daughter's health?" I snap out of no where. He looks back at me with an eyebrow raised but doesn't comment back.

It is Mila's first day of school and Christian has been insisting that Mila takes her own water bottle despite of water being available in school. Don't get me wrong, I care about Mila too. Its just that I don't want her to carry extra weight for something that is available in her school too.

"Fine, whatever floats your boat. Even Ava carries her own water."

"Then i'm sorry, but you are a parent to the wrong girl", I roll my eyes and walk towards the elevator.

"Mommy is acting weird", Mila says as I leave.

"I heard that", I call out but, of course, get ignored.

"Are you excited for school?" he asks her.

"Yes!", she says enthusiastically and claps her hand.

"Now there are some rules you have to follow", he says and I look back at him with confusion. What rules is he talking about?

"Are y'all coming?!" I call out.

"Rule one", he says as he picks her up and steps inside the elevator, "if you don't feel good or don't like school, you tell us first, okay?" and she nods her head. "Rule two, if someone troubles you, then you tell them politely to stop and if they still don't, you can be a little harsh to them."

"Mr. Grey!", I gasps, "Are you teaching your daughter violence?!"

He shrugs. "I don't want her to just stand there doing nothing if something like that happens." and I shake my head in disbelief.

"Rule three: No talking to boys. As long as you don't talk to boys, I have no problem with your school."

"Are you kidding me?!" Is he actually trying to tell me he wants our five year old daughter to not talk to the boys of her school? "Christian she is five. FIVE!"

He shrugs again. "So? First comes talking, the dates, than marriage? I just met her, I don't wanna lose her already."

"You are delusional" but he simply ignores me. Great.

We arrive at Mila's school, which by the way, screams richness in every corner. It's not exactly a school but more like a playschool. Apparently, Kate's daughter goes to the same school. I'm actually worried to run into Kate after she gave me the cold shoulder during the Grey's lunch. I don't want to create a scene here and the best way to avoid it is to avoid Kate.

"Are you ready, munchkin'?", Christian asks Mila, who is still in his arms, as she nods furiously. This girl loves school. He smiles warmly in return and kisses her head and my heart swells at the sight.