Chapter 7: Reconnecting

[Ana's POV]

"Are you done yet sunshine?", I holler from my room.

"I cannot decide!", my dear daughter shouts back.

I sigh and got up. I told her I will help her pack but she said she wanted to act 'big' and do her own work.

"Told you, babygirl"

"NO babygirl!"

"Why is it taking you so long?"

"I cannot decide what clothes to pack mommy", she says and her face falls. She hates to accept defeat in any task she takes up.

"Its okay sunshine, that is why mommies are made", I say and chuckle. "What do you want to pack exactly?"

"Anything that makes me look perfect. I don't want to look ugly."

"You look the best in anything you wear. Even nightgowns suit you."

"Ew mom!", she made a face and I laugh.

"C'mon now. I have my own packing to do."

Soon we packed some dress and sweaters. It is going to be cold up there and I don't want to risk Mila's health for it. We are going to Seattle in 2 days. I talked to Mila about it. For some strange reason, she is concerned more than happy.. for me? I don't know. She is confusing sometimes. She did not ask how and why about it but simply nodded to whatever I said.

"Here, its done. See? The more the merrier", and she grins. "Mila?"

"Yes mommy?"

"Do you want to go to Seattle?"

"If you want to go, then yes."

"I'm not talking about me, sunshine. I'm talking about you. Do you want to go?"

"I don't know."

"What does that mean?", I need to know what is exactly going on in her mind. And currently, she is making me even more confused than ever.

"Nothing", She says and takes the bag from my hands and drags it to a corner. She flops down on her bed and pretends to sleep.

"Talk to me!" I shake her until she gets really irritated.

"I don't want to!", she says and I see tears in her eyes.

"What happened, honey? Oh my God don't cry!", I take her in my arms and cooed her. "Talk to me, Mila. Is someone teasing you at school?"

"No"

"Then?"

"You tell me", she looks at me with her puffed eyes. It breaks me to see her cry. She never cries, even when she was a baby. So much so everyone in the neighborhood gave her the name of the 'happy kid'.

"Tell you what?"

"Why have you been so upset for sometime?", and I stare at her, dumbfound. How does she know? Am I that bad of an actor? "You have been so sad for these past days. What happened mommy?"

"Mila.. I.. noth-"

"You are upset for sometime now. You always keep think. We have stopped going to the park on Sundays. You are always on the computer. And then I was really confused and wanted to know if it was about daddy."

"No Mila.."

"I know he doesn't stay with us. When you didn't take me to the park last Sunday, I was awake the whole night. I never saw daddy come. And I guessed he doesn't stay with us, because I never saw him.", she said and I gasp. She Knows. Everything. I don't say anything but just look at her.

"I asked you, so many times, about daddy. But you never told me. And now suddenly in a week we are moving to Seattle? I don't understand what is going on mommy. Tell me please."

"Mila.. why didn't you tell me about all this before?"

"Because I wanted you to tell me!"

"I did.. just very late."

"Why did you tell me now mommy? I know there is something going on and you are not telling me."

"Mila.."

"Are we really going to meet daddy in Seattle?"

"Yes!", I say. Atleast, this is true.

"Okay mommy." She says and put the covers over her eyes and face the other side and the conversation was over. I think it is best to not wake her again. I kiss her forehead with teary vision, switch off the lights and exit the room.

With heavy steps, I go to my room to pack my stuff. She knows. About everything. And she even knows something is going up with me. If only I can tell you about it Mila, but you are too young.

Focusing on the matter that is important right now, I pack my stuff too. Then I get my cell phone and search my contact list for that number. I don't know if it is still active or no, but what is the harm in giving it a try?

I dial the number and wait. He is the only person I can think who will understand me.. or atleast I think ring goes and I nearly stop breathing as the he picks up the call.

"Hello?", answers a confused but firm voice.

"Sawyer?", I whisper and there is silence from the other end. I thought the line was disconnected until he says after a prolong period.

"Mrs. Grey?" He recognizes my voice!

"How are you? And please call me Ana", not very sure what to say.

"I'm fine, Mrs- Ana. New Mexico?", he asks, confused.

"Yeah, Santa Fe. I'm really very sorry Sawyer", I gush, and he knows what am I apologizing for exactly. 6 years ago, the escape.

"It is okay."

"Did you get in trouble...?"

"No."

"Are you still mad at me?"

"No."

"Stop with the monosyllables, Sawyer!"

"Ana, why did you call me.." after such a long time when I completely cut the relations off, I complete the sentence in my head.

"I am coming back to Seattle and I need help. And I don't know who should I call.."

"Oh.."

"Do you still work at Escala?"

"Yes, of course.", he says and i'm sincerely happy that Christian didn't fire him or something.

"Can you pick me up, day after tomorrow from the Seattle airport? I need to talk to you about something that I can't talk over the phone."

"Sure. What time?"

"Our flight should reach Sea-Tac by 12pm."

"Our?", he asks, confusion in his voice.

"Told you, I have a lot to discuss."

"Okay, i'll be there."

"And Sawyer?"

"Yes?"

"Don't tell anything to Christian, please."

"Of course not."

"Bye Sawyer.. meet you soon."

"Yes, Ana.", he said and disconnect the call.

No matter what he says, I sensed the anger in his voice. And if Sawyer is mad, i'm sure rest of the folks in Seattle are too.

~*~*~*~

Hope you liked it! Hold tight, more twists to come!❤

•VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE•

Until we meet again, Xoxo ~ Ava❤