Chapter 27: Friendship Thing

Start from the beginning

"So I trust your mother will be there the whole time?" my dad asked Sam as we stood by the car, my bags packed inside.

                Oh, no… this is just going to be embarrassing.

                "Yes sir," Sam answered, nodding.

                "And you have separate rooms?"

                "Oh gosh golly dad, please stop," I said, slapping my hand to my forehead and blushing in embarrassment.

                "Yes sir," Sam said again.

                "Ok," dad said. "I would have said no to this whole trip if Quinn would have asked me before agreeing herself. But it sounded like it would be a fun time for the both of you."

                And that was really the reason he was letting me do this anyway, so I could have fun for once. In his eyes this would be a way for me to get away from my depression for awhile. Although that was impossible; it always is there, creeping up on me when I should be happy, I think that this weekend will make me feel better and it'll be a chance to get away.

                "Thank you sir," Sam said.

                My dad walked over and hugged me tight, "I'll be seeing you soon. Be safe. Drive safe, Sam."

                "Of course," Sam said.

                "Jeez, dad, can tone done the mean-guy thing, please?"

                "I don't know what you're talking about," dad said.

                I rolled my eyes, getting into the car after Sam had and shut my door, a wall between my dad and I.

                "So sorry about that," I apologized right away.

                "It's okay," he said with a small laugh, which sounded a bit faked.

                "My dad does that sometimes. He can be a little protective."

                He always has been, even more since mom. I got myself comfy, it was going to be a bit of a drive, three hours to be exact. As he started his GPS I looked back at my house, only to find my dad peering out the window again at us. When we finally pulled out of the driveway I felt as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and I finally started to relax. All last night I was worrying about this trip, so I hardly got any sleep. But now the sleep was coming back to me and not even five minutes later I managed to fall into a deep slumber.