Chapter 20: Oreos Help

Okay, I finally have an update(: So sorry for the long wait, and I will admit this is a little of a filler chapter... but it's still interesting and important to the story! So enjoy! Also, I wanted to thank all these new fans rolling into this story <3 It means soo much to see a new vote!

Okay just go read, I'm going to leave another message after this chapter!

xoxo- Nikki(:

*****

Chapter 20

Oreos Help

“Dolls?” Ethan said, looking at me.

                I nodded my head vigorously, “Yes.”

                “Tell me, why is Julie terrified of dolls?”

                I shrugged, “Beats me, but I know that they creep her the fuck out!”

                “Well, I’m damn sure that this is going to be one of my best pranks yet…” he said, with an evil grin again.

                Sam was walking along with us, staring off into a daze as he walked. He’s been a little out of it lately, but I’m not sure why. He actually ran into a trash can but he managed to do this weird dodgy thing he can do where he jumped around the thing last minute. I was laughing at him and he waved me off as he walked to class and I headed to mine.

***

The next two weeks seemed to flash by in a blur.

                Ethan focused solely on planning the prank for Julie. He repeatedly told us, whenever we asked, that everything had to be in perfect order. Julie can’t have too much suspicion that we are doing this to her, because that would take away the whole concept of thinking to herself that she’s crazy. He seemed more than happy to focus on his plan; it seemed like a sort of hobby for him… creepy. But I think it was a little bit of an excuse for himself to not think about Tessa. Because Ethan knew he had an opportunity to go for her again now that she and Caleb broke up, but he was too terrified to do anything about it. Even though he said he would…

                Tessa, of course, remained oblivious to all of Ethan’s hints, which hurt even me to see. Ethan would constantly be staring at her and she would never even notice. Or Ethan would say something adorably flirty, and she would respond with something that would crush his poor little lovesick heart.

                Julie and Christy, in the meantime, seemed to only get worse. Things escalated to more of harassment towards me. I would catch them sending glares at me throughout the day. They would talk about me and when I noticed they would laugh to each other. Sometimes they would even gather the balls to whisper things under their breath at me, such as ‘bitch’ or ‘whore’. One time I even heard Christy call me ugly.

                I was spending a lot more time with Tessa, Ali, and Cora. We all somehow started to form this girl group of ours which was really nice. Tessa had confessed to us that she had really only been friends with Ethan her whole life. I confessed to the group that I had only really been friends with Christy and Julie, in which they all shook their heads in disappointment. Ali and Cora confessed that they really only were best friends with each other, and now “it was nice for a change, sometimes Ali can get really boring!” (Cora). Of course, Ali chucked a pillow at her, and Cora was only kidding.

                And then there was Sam. He seemed to be getting more of a friendship with Ethan as they hung out a lot. And then there was the big thing; we hadn’t really hung out outside of school. And he seemed to be really drifting away from me, I’m not sure why. The only conclusion I could come to is that he finally realized how awful I am. Because even when I would hint to him that we should hang out of some sort, he wouldn’t even hint anything back to me.