The One Ive Waited For

The water gushes along the shore creating tides as I sit curled up in Austin's lap. The night seems young, but I know the hours have faded in the past. We've sat out here since sundown. Something we don't get to do very often. Off in the distance fireworks light up the sky. Austin leans over me and kisses my cheek. "I cherish these moments," I say letting a smile forms on my lips. In all honesty, I really do cherish these moments. With our schedules, we never know how long we get to be together. My head runs through all the possibilities as he moves out from behind me and stands up. I look up at him and squint, trying to make out his features through the darkness. I let out a sigh of relief when I see the brightness of his smile and his hand reaching for me. "Let's take a walk"
There goes my heart racing again. What if he breaks up with me?
I stand and dust the sand off my ass. I take his hand and we walk side by side along the waters edge. I am yet again relieved when he slings our linked hands over my head so it pulls us closer to each other. "You know, I've been wanting to tell you something for a long time." I raise my eyebrow and look at him. "And what would that be?"
He looks away from me and out into the ocean. His stare becomes so intense that it worries me. "I'm in love with you," he suddenly blurts out. My heart does that little skip a beat thing that always happens in movies. "I've loved you for such a long time, and I don't expect you to say it back because we've only been dating for a short time, but I just had to tell you."
Silence grows between us for a second. I don't know exactly how to respond. Austin quickly becomes nervous. I can tell my the shakiness of his hand. "Fuck, I shouldn't have said it " he says and pulls away from me. "I'm sor-" he starts, but I cut him off by smashing our lips together. "Austin, I love you too," I tell him excitedly. "Really?!" He replies overly eager. I nod my head he and I swear I'm never seen him more happy. His arms engulf me and I feel like this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. In my heart, i believe Austin is the one. The one I've waited for..