Chapter 11

I didn't get to see Evan for the rest of the weekend. But Monday morning he was in school. I wanted to, so badly, to go to his locker and ask how he was but that's too soft of me. I waited until lunch.

He sat down and looked at me as I looked at him. He had bags under his eyes. His skin was paler than normal. He looked sick. He looked miserable. I noticed he was wearing long sleeves. I also noticed the longer our silence went the closer he looked to tears.

"Why didn't you answer my texts?" I asked. He looked caught off guard.

"I-I'm sorry. I wasn't around my phone," He apologized, "But I can come over tonight."

"Okay." I couldn't think of anything else to say. My mind was blank right now.

"I... I heard you slept with Trey while I was gone." Evan didn't look at me, he looked down at the table at his untouched food.

"I did." I confirmed.

"Oh." The rest of the lunch was silent. When the bell rang I got up without saying a word to Evan. I couldn't think of anything to say, still.

After school he met me at my car and we went home to an empty house.

"Where's your mom?" Evan asked.

"Work." I muttered. We went up to my room and he sat on my bed. I sat next to him and put my arm behind him.

"Let me see your scars." I said.

"They're scabs." Attitude? Really?

"Show me your damn arms." I grabbed his arms, not even waiting for him, and pulled up his sleeves. I looked at the marks I made. I felt kind of indifferent to the ones I did, but the ones he did to himself... they made me feel uneasy. There were these giant vertical gashes. They went pretty far down. It's a wonder he even survived considering he also had pills trying to take him down. I let go of his arm and Evan jerked it away.

"Are you happy now?" He was being sassy today. It was getting on my fucking nerves. I didn't really think, I just punched. Evan fell back on the bed, his hand over the spot I hit. I lunged, one knee on the bed, and put my hand around his neck.

"You keep this act up and the next place I write my name will be your dick." I pulled on his pants a little and felt as he squirmed underneath me. His face was getting red and purple.

"I haven't seen you in so long and you treat me like this?" I whined. I took my hand off his neck and watched as he took a deep breaths, trying to get his heart back to a normal pace. I like it when he's out of breath.

I bent down and put my lips to his neck. Evan put his arms around me. I sucked on his neck until I knew there would be a mark there for awhile.

I pulled away and stood up.

"Are you gonna treat me better now? Or do I have to do something else?" I asked. Evan looked up at me.

"I promise I'll be good."