Chapter 7

Evan stayed over the night of the party but every time I tried to touch him he stiffened. I didn't like that so I dug my nails into his skin and slowly pulled down. His skin got stuck in my nails and you could see dark red lines from where my fingers had trailed.

I drove him home the next morning. The whole ride he looked at his lap, trying to hide behind his hair.

It's Monday again, now. Evan said he could come over. He's going to ride home with me, like always. And tonight we'll do whatever I want.

At the end of the day Evan was waiting at my car. I approached him and unlocked the car. He gave me a small smile and got in.

I got behind the wheel and drove off towards my house. Evan tried to hold my hand but after a couple seconds I let go. His hands were too sweaty. Gross.

I parked in my driveway and we got out. My house was warm and empty. My Mom wouldn't be coming home tonight. She was out of town. Evan said he could stay the night if he had to. Let's just hope he doesn't feel the need to push my buttons.

We go up to my room. Evan throws his backpack on the ground and jumps on my bed.

"Can I go to sleep?" He asked into the pillows.

"Okay." I said. He got up and had a look of disbelief on his face.

"What?"

"Go to sleep." I watched as he reluctantly lay down, his back facing me. I took off my pants and jacket and got in next to him. I put my arm around him and stroked his stomach. He eventually fell asleep.

When he was asleep I got up and went downstairs to watch TV. My phone buzzed and I looked to see I had a text from my mom. She said she was coming home tomorrow.

After a couple of hours I heard shuffling down the stairs. Evan was coming down.

"You left me." He said. Did he really think I would stay up there? Why is he so needy?

"I wasn't going to stay up there and watch you sleep."

"But you could've watched TV up there."

"But I didn't." That ended it. Evan sighed and came to sit down next to me. I put my arm around him and continued to watch TV. After no more than two minutes Evan was flapping his mouth again.

"This is boring." He said.

"Shush."

"Can we watch something else please?"

"Talk one more time I swear I will shove this remote up your ass." I didn't hide the anger in my voice. I was fuming and that shut Evan up.

When the show was over and the commercials came on, I got up to get something to eat. We didn't have much food in the kitchen since my mom wasn't home to go shopping. I heard Evan pitter patter behind me. I grabbed some Goldfish Crackers and sat down at the kitchen table. Evan sat next to me.

"Can I have one?" He asked. I gave him the whole package and got up.

"Well, you didn't have to give me all of them." He complained. I grabbed the first thing I could, one of my mom's medical dictionaries that she had for no reason, and chucked it at his head. It knocked him right out of the chair.

I walked over to him and saw him on the floor curled up in a ball. I kicked him and told him to stop. He can't be like that right now, I want to hurt him. I stayed still for a minute and he slowly unrolled.

"Get up." He did. I punched him, in the eye, and walked away.