46 | Celebration (Part 2)

If there was ever a time that Danielle had ever used the phrase 'shop till you drop', it had been an understatement until the very minute she'd finished shopping for her clients' final looks. She and Lionel were worn out and had made it back to her place in time for some refreshments. Their work wasn't done with though. While they enjoyed their cold drinks, Lionel checked that each client's look was complete and Danielle made arrangements to have the Beckhams' outfits delivered and on them on time the next day.

"Everyone has everything," Lionel finished. "I just need to call in that one contact of Antonio's for the delivery of some accessories for Victoria by 10am tomorrow."

Danielle sighed. She realised she wouldn't be getting much sleep. Apart from the work set out for her and Lionel for the next day, she wanted to stay up and package some gifts for David and Victoria, for her friends, for Rebecca and for Antonio, just to thank them for their support.

"You can head home now, Li'," Danielle said. "I'm going to have to try squeeze in a nap if I wanna be good for tomorrow."

"You're staying up later?" Lionel hung up the garments on a rack in Danielle's office.

"Yeah. I have some personal stuff to do but I'll see you bright and early, right?"

"Absolutely. I can't wait for tomorrow," Lionel grinned. He'd only ever dreamed of attending a masquerade ball.

"You should bring a date tomorrow," Danielle began walking Lionel out.

"There is and will always be space for one queen in the world and she is mois."

"Your ass gon' mess around and die solo."

"No. My king might be at that event tomorrow."

"Let's hope so," Danielle smiled.

Lionel smiled back and gave her a departing hug. Soon after closing the door, Danielle went back to her office to get those drinking glasses to the kitchen and get those gift bags sorted.

She fell asleep on the comfort of a couch in her office, only to be woken up by a dream about her business debut going south. She realised it had darkened outside but she heard some music coming from another room.

"Babe?" She groaned, getting off the couch to go and see what it was that Antonio was up to.

He hadn't been home all day. He'd told Danielle that he had work to do but she knew that that work had nothing to do with his family's business or his initial project so he was definitely working on something new. Antonio was in the kitchen. He swayed to the music while he cooked and smiled innocently at Danielle while asking her to come over and taste what it was he'd picked to make from a recipe book.

"What's goin' on?" She licked her finger upon tasting. It went down well.

"Tonight's your party," Antonio casually said.

"No, we're sleepin' early tonight because tomorrow's gon' be hectic."

"That's what you think," Antonio winked. "Our friends are coming over. I asked Rebecca and Derek to stop by too."

"Why?" Danielle couldn't help but giggle.

"For your business-warming party!"

"My business-warming... what the hell is that, Antonio?"

"It's like a housewarming party... but for a business instead."

"Wow," Danielle mouthed. "And you did all of this while I was passed out in my office," she took note of the set table and decoration.