23 | Elle comin' through

Danielle was right about feeling different in the morning. She felt a little lighter after loading off as much as she had to Antonio the previous night, but she also felt uncertain and even more scared than ever.

As her legs hung over the side of the bed, Danielle looked outside the window, staring blankly at the outside world. She wondered. Nothing up to this point made sense. Why would the Antonio Gold, a wealthy, educated man who could have any women he desired (a woman in his league, to be precise) want a stripper as his partner? He had explained it beautifully and it actually made perfect sense but, Danielle was in denial and that's what didn't make sense to her.

Danielle was more worried now about meeting Antonio's family than she had been before (even though he'd expressed that there was no rush). She felt her inability to live up to the Gold standard (pun intended) would forever have her be disregarded by the family. They'd never respect her, nobody would. And when the media found out what she did for a living... the whole world would label her a gold digger-- which she was... or still is? She wasn't so sure anymore but, the point is, they wouldn't give her a chance to even try and prove she was growing.

Danielle looked down at the blue and white stripped shirt Antonio had let her wear to bed, and she fiddled with the hem of it as she thought about ways that she could better herself to at least prove effort so people wouldn't be so hard on her when they found out about her thing with Antonio.

"You're up early," Antonio had come out of the bathroom with a towel secured around his waist while he had one hanging from his shoulders.

If Danielle wasn't feeling so low...

"Morning," she managed a smile and welcomed a good morning kiss on the cheek from Antonio.

He had laid out his work outfit for the day on a chair in the seating area of his room and he picked up a pair of shoes which Danielle had bought for him in L.A to show her that he would be showing them off that day.

[One's on the left]

[One's on the left]

"These go well with my suit, don't you think?" He smiled and soon picked up his designer briefs to put on.

Danielle simply shrugged. She did know that his suit and those shoes would go great together and she imagined Antonio snatching the hearts of the women he'd walk by, but she didn't have the strength to voice that or to suggest that a bit of white detail in the form of a handkerchief in his blazer's outer pocket would add a nice touch that would break the dark feel of his black look.

Antonio realised that Danielle wasn't herself and he knew that this had everything to do with their heart to heart.

He slowly walked up to her after slipping his arms through the sleeves of his white shirt, and he knelt in front of Danielle, taking his place between her legs.