Prologue.

Danielle sat and groaned as her limbs seemed to burn from the rehearsal she just took part in. She was worn out, defeated, to say the least, and it didn't help that she had a performance coming up in just a couple of hours.

The club had quietened down since rehearsals ended. Everyone but Lionel, the dance instructor, was talking and his voice irked Danielle at that point in time.

"Here you go." Sasha tossed Danielle a bottle of water and sat in front of her best friend.

The two had been inseparable since high school. They were like sisters; always being there for each other during times of need and never saying no to having a good time together.

"Thanks, doll." Danielle guzzled the water before letting out a deep breath and laying on her back, feeling the cool from the floor lower her body temperature just a tad.

Sasha took Danielle's leg in her hands to help her stretch. It only made Danielle groan.

She could never understand how Sasha managed to survive Lionel's torturous rehearsals. After hours of practicing their routines, Sasha still looked kept together, unlike Danielle who didn't doubt that she was a sweaty mess.

"Stop being a pussy, Dani," Sasha laughed. "you're becoming unfit. You know Lionel is going to have your head if he finds you dying like this."

"Lionel is a bitch for making us do an extra half hour of rehearsals." Danielle winced as she felt her muscles stretch as Sasha applied pressure to her legs.

"He's only doing his job." Sasha smiled, "we need to kill it all week. That's what this is about."

Danielle rolled her eyes and watched as Sasha continued to stretch her.

"You need to get a man to help you stretch these muscles." Sasha started patting Danielle's inner thigh.

"And you need to stay the fuck out my business." Danielle retorted playfully.

"Don't get mad. I'm just looking out for you, baby girl. You need a significant other."

"I don't need no significant other." Danielle rolled her eyes, "I need a significant income, that's what I need. Or a significant other with a significant income."

"Then stop complaining 'bout the rehearsals and shit 'cause you know how big the tips get when we get our act right." Sasha said.

Danielle knew that Sasha was right but she hated to admit it. She just hated the long hours of work, even though it really was worth it.

"Dani," Sasha snapped her fingers to get Danielle out of her thoughts.

"What?"

"Okay, we're definitely finding you a man." Sasha laughed.

"Shut up 'bout all that. You know that nobody sees a stripper as wife material." Danielle sat up and crossed her legs and finished her water.

"That may be the case but nobody deserves to be as lonely as you are. You need to have you some fun."

"Like you do?" Danielle chuckled, thinking back to the long list of guys that Sasha's been seeing in the last month. "You a hoe."

"Whatever." Sasha gave Danielle the middle finger and they both laughed.

"I'm so hungry." Danielle said.

"I was hoping you'd say that. Today is my cheat day and I'm getting us loads of grease." Sasha helped her friend up.

"I know a place." Danielle brought her hair out of the French braid it was in and hopped off the stage with Sasha following her so they could retrieve their belongings from one of the tables in the booths on the side of the club.