47. Wrapping Things Up (Review)

This lovely lovely chapter starts off with Mr. Ambrose being disgusted at the fact that he has to wrap it to tap it. He crushes the makeshift condom and she gets upset they took a while to make. She says, "Don't worry I have like 30 more." He is shooketh by the fact that he must cover his mini Ambrose and Lilly dangles another condom in front of him. She jokingly mentions how she wouldn't let him impregante her and then when he doesn't say anything she's like, "You wanted to get me pregnant!" He's like, "Indeed so that you'd be mine." She's like, "So you won't sleep with me unless it leads to us getting married?" He's like, "Yes." And then to convince him she grabs his baby making lever. Then she sticks the sheath onto the sword. He doesn't really complain all that much and they guide the cart into the sweets isle with only a little awkwardness. Then they really get down to business and then they gently begin their night. When Lilly wakes up in the morning she wakes up with some very strong arms trapping her in. She tries to move Amby's asleep arms and tells him to let her go but he reveals that he was already awake. She asks why he wouldn't let go and he says that's because she is where she belongs; bound with him. She jabs him in the rib and gets up to see all of the chaos that their lovemaking has created (Including a diminished stash of condoms.) They then realize that its 10:30 in the morning and start running to dress. Lilly is unable to as her chemise is torn so she tells Ambrose that if he loves her he would buy her a new one. He tells her that her pay would be enough or she should sew her own. He pulls out one of the condoms and remarks how she sewed them. Lilly mentions that she learned to do that from a whorehouse. They hug and he proposes again. They think about what it would be like if they were married and he says that he won't give up. She sends him to fetch clothes from his room. All of a sudden they hear a knock from his adjoining room.

Okay so that summary was a bit long. But seriously my original summary was way longer so that up there is the trimmed version. Let the reviewish part begin

This chapter focused on the sex that happened between the two. "Wow how did you get that idea?" -You probably to me. The first person that I'll be looking at is Lilly.

Wow. Lilly in this chapter is just like slay queen! She sees right through Rik's plan and makes him bow to her. Like yesssss! I just kind of really like how Lilly's take charge personality shines through here when she initiates everything from the sex to them getting up. Honestly I love how she still maintains her fiery personality through and through with this chapter. What I really love about Lilly is that while a lot of fictional female characters have interesting personalities, it all goes out the window when they meet the male heterosexual love interest. YOU GO LILLY WITH KEEPING YOUR PERSONALITY! I'd say a bit more but I feel like that stuff should go under Ambrose's paragraph because this chapter is more about him breaking than her.

Ambrose in this chapter was like... indescribable. 

So the importance of the scene where Ambrose crushes the condom. Birth control sort of has become a controversial symbol of women's choice. I won't be spreading ideas or condemning any here but I will be talking about birth control as a symbol only. So birth control is a symbol of women's choice and power. Amby destroys it as he doesn't believe in it. Lilly changes his mind and makes him don the method. SO THE CONDOM IS A FORESHADOWING METAPHOR FOR LILLY CHANGING HIS MIND ABOUT WOMEN POWER WOW SIR ROB CONGRATS. (It's funny because later on he happily uses a lot of them.)

Also can we talk about Amby's sneaky ass. Like he was trying to get Lilly preggers. Of course this boi had a plan to get Lilly to marry him as he even admits several times during the chapter that he'll never stop trying to get him to marry her. So we can expect to see him trying to seduce her later on.

What's really heart breaking is how when he proposes to her again and admits it's out of character. She can't accept. It's not because she doesn't love him. She does and he loves her but it just can't work. They have a different line of thought and they just don't line up.  And it will never work if they don't reach an agreement. It will be difficult but ultimately it will be resolved in the following book or books. (I'm including a handy chart that I whipped up to illustrate their lines of thought. I'm really proud of it!