41. All is Fair in Love and Carrots (Review)

So basically the chapter starts off with Mr. Ambrose popping up his head like daisy and he's not happy that Lilly committed snow homicide. He questions Lilly who somehow manages to sort of keep it together. Adaira tries to escape but Rik sends her to her room. Then the two lovebirds make out unsurprisingly. They argue and kiss and argue some more. Lilly offers her deal he says no and tells Lilly he heard what she said to Adaira at the end. There's some innuendos (I'll get to that later). They both realize the painful truth that they want each other but also want to keep their morals. The two embrace and Lilly asks how he found them in their secluded snow retreat. He's all like, "I haven't let you out of my sight ever since Dogleash's attack." Lilly is a little creeped out by the thought of randos watching her in her sleep and Amby is like, "Nah I'm the only one allowed to watch you in your sleep." There's this really sweet moment after when he admits that he wouldn't know what he'd do if Lilly tried messing around with another man. Lilly bites Ambrose's carrot. The snowman's not real Rik's (I know I was disappointed too). Lilly talks to herself and there's a ton of silence. A man comes running out of the woods and is all like "DOGLEAAAAAAASH!"

Three words to describe this chapter. Sad, Innuendoes, Sweet.

To start us off we have Sad! This chapter definitely out of any of the Silence Breaking chapters is sad. Lilly and Ambrose finally realize that they can't be together. They oh so love each other and want to be but can't seem to find a middle ground. And that is the tragedy. Everything is in place and no one is stopping them but themselves. Literally everyone ships them and they can totally be together but they're stopping themselves. And unless they find a middle ground they won't ever end up with one another. That's the scary thing because we all know that they are both stubborn and will do anything to get their way. (But ultimately they'll end up together.)

I realize now that this is a lot like in the Last Jedi from Star Wars. After the praeortian guard fight Kylo basically space proposes but Rey can't accept. They both really love each other but can't be together because of how different their ideologies are. I'd go into more detail but this isn't my Reylo insta account. This is Storm and Silence. But yes Reylo and Lambrose are very similiar.

Next we have Innuendoes! Innuendoes everywhere! Like I know that this isn't news that Sir Rob is a very tongue in cheek kind of guy but seriously! I always wanted to tell everyone about this and since I have a blog thing now no one can stop me! So there were two main innuendoes this chapter. (If I missed any please tell me.)

The first is where Lilly told him that he was a flapdoodle. He said he could easily demonstrate how wrong that sentence was. LIKE OH MY GOD! She basically said he was a limp dick and he was all like, "LET ME SHOW YOU... IN BED!" (I know this isn't really analyzing but I'll get to that in the next part.)

The next one was the carrot thing. Carrots in dreams can symbolize you taking on something new or you know a penis. So Lilly is taking on something new like her sexuality. And Ambrose knew that. You filthy minded flintskin.

Last is Sweet. I don't know but this chapter amd me awww like I haven't in a really long time. It's like even though they know that they can't be together (unless they figure out how to compromise) they still want to be there to support and protect each other to the end. And when they just hugged after that steaaaaamy make out? I almost cried. It's just kind of like we don't see them just hug and comfort each other a lot. It was so sweet and simple like aaaagh! Also all that stuff about him not knowing what he'd do if she went with another man. Mr. Ambrose always has a plan. But he doesn't know what he'd do because of how much loving Lilly has thrown this man off of his game! 

Okay so thank you guys so much for being patient. Turns out I had bronchitis. I planned to get this review out on Saturday but you know my lungs were dying. But I might post a review of the Silence Breaking cover, My teacher reads S&S Pt. 2, Fav Fan arts, Fav Fan Fics, or Hunting for Silence review.

But what do you all think I should do first?