45. Silence Broken, Words Spoken (Review)

Note: This review will be slightly longer as I believe that there are many more important things to be said in for this chapter

Mr. Ambrose starts off the chapter by having a back and forth with Lilly about him asking her to dance. She's like, "You had all evening and you do this now?" He's like "Yes." He takes her to the dance floor and she's all like, "I didn't say yes." Ambrose freezily freezes back. They end up dancing quite beautifully with some back and forth banter. Lilly asks why he asked her for the last dance instead of the first with her eyes and he responds by saying an amazing confession. He says that the first was for the first girl he knew and the last was for the last girl as there will never be another. Lilly thinks that's a silly excuse for ignoring her but knows that she's falling for it. Mister Ambrose knows too and feels all victorious. He then says something very innappropriate and then Lilly is like I can take as many lovers as I want. Ambrose is like "Ha no." Amby notes that Lilly is feeling upset and she's like, "That's because you didn't ask me for the first dance you dummy!" He's like, "I didn't know you'd say yes." That is because this child is hurt that Lilly rejected him. Lilly cracks a joke about how she stays with him because she needs her pay check and Ambrose thinks that she stays with him only for his money. Ambrose confesses how he felt about her rejecting him, and thinks that since it seemed like she didn't want to marry him she didn't love him. Lilly realizes that she never admitted her feelings and the ball ends with everyone dissapearing and leaving these two in darkness and feelings. They say that they should go and they do; dissapearing down a corridor together and making out but only after an intimate caressing scene. Lilly uses the magic word so that she and Amby can finally frickle frackle and they go to the door of her room. Amby is like, "So what were you going to say back there?" Lilly is like, "I. Love. You." He's like again and she says I love you again. She asks if he's had enough and he's like, "I'll never have enough of you." She suggests that they take this inside and he's like, "I'm a gentleman!" They go inside adn LIlly asksif he loves her. He says, "What if I just show you?"

Okay so you guys this was a very very very very major chapter. I think that in each book there are certain chapters that really advances their relationship. In Storm and Silence the chapters around chapter 69 in my opinion were the major romance chapter. In the eye of the storm the section was where they were at the hotel and right before the bomb exploded. In silence is golden it was the chapters that had her stripping and or the waterfall one (I can't decide!). I think that this book's major chapter was right here and the following material after this one.

In this chapter we actually see Lilly and Ambrose breaking. They break because they both finally stop the silence. Like omg omg omg. Words spoken that part of the title refers to the fact that they're finally talking about their goddamn feelings. Lilly is now open. She has worked up enough courage to tell Amby and Amby finally explains his emotions. I will explain what this means to each one.

First off Lilly. Lilly all of these books has been rejecting her emotions for fear that it'll make her soft and subservient to men. Even when she does go after ambrose in the previous chapters she never really comes out and really says that she loves him because she does. She does say that she loves him but it's usually followed by excuses and or cussing. Here her emotions are laid bare. She has revealed the most vulnerable part about herself and there are no excuses. She has finally really come to terms with her feelings for him.

Next up is the Mr. marble AKA Mister Ambrose. Might I just say that he has gotten so much character developement in this series. In the previous books we have not heard what goes on in his head. Nada. He doesn't talk about his emotions because like Lilly he believes his feelings towards the other is an annoying weakness. However in this chapter we see the silence of their relationship being broken by them just talking. We had heard about him wanting to marry Lilly and even his proposal and him confessing his love. We never really heard an explanation but we kind of assumed. Even when Lilly rejected him we assumed but we never really heard him explain his emotions. Here he finally explains his long awaited speal about feelings. LIKE WE HAVE WAITED FOR YEARS FOR HIM TO FINALLY TALK ABOUT FEELINGS. HE HAS NEVER TALKED ABOUT FEELINGS LIKE THIS.

And also what he admitted was that he really was hurt. He's been alot of things like mad, penny pinching, and lustfull but never hurt. And can you blame him? He believed that Lilly would of course say yes because he's rich, handsome, smart, and she already made out with him alot. And when she doesn't say yes it tears him up and their relationship because they don't talk about problems and just stay silent. THEY FINALLY TALK OKAY IM SORRY IM REPEATING BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT PEOPLE

And then when he basically was all like "I don't have plans on remaining celibate." For the people who don't know that means like chaste and abstaning from frickle frackling. Like man he's just as horny as Lilly and definitely wants her but can't because he's sticking to his morals of no "fun" before marriage.

And when he was all like, "Oh yeah I picked you last because you're the last woman in my life because I found the one I love." I died. Like I actually died. I'm sorry I can't even write about this part because I start feeling too happy and I can't concentrate.

And that part where he was like, "I'll never have enough of you." Again I'm dead. I'm sorry it's just the feels caught up and I'm dead. He really does love her and it's not lust you weirdos in the back!

Also might we just discuss Mr. Ambrose needing something? Like towards the end of the chapter Lilly describes when she tells him that she loves him he makes a sound of need. Mr. Ambrose has never needed anything and has only ever wanted. Him needing Lilly is just so adorable because look how much Lilly affected this man! HE NEEDS HER IN HIS LIFE! I'M SORRY IM SUCH A MESS THIS CHAPTER JUST TOOK MY EMOTIONS BY SURPRISE!

And you know when Sir Rob finally revealed Lilly's dress. Personally all the hype that was in the story I expected it to be bright rainbow colors with a large bow shaped like a star on the side or something! This was beautiful though. Her dress was the exact color of Ambrose's eyes. Like holy cow does this represent her deciding to finally wear her love for him on the outside? Like she ADMITS HER LOVE FOR HIM? FORESHADOWING IN THE CHAPTER???

And finally the ending of the chapter. Sir Rob the amazing announced a while back (I can't remember where) that they would finally frickle frackle in this book. At first I was skeptical and kept my thoughts to myself in case he decides to hold it off for a while but then... wow! I really hope that they do it if they feel that it is the right time to do so *cough cough like next chapter* And did you guys notice that they only have some midnight fun because they finally talked and are on equalish footing in the understanding of their relationship? Thank you Sir Rob for this lovely equality thing about frickle frackling. He has long been teasing this scene and I believe that this time Karim the cock blocker won't interfere and comedically ruin things again.

----------

There. Done. I know this thing was a little ummm all over the place but I hope that I was able to get my point across. I said that I would get this out yesterday but I just wanted to add some extra things that I deemed interesting to this review. Good bye!