46. Love in the Moonlight (Review)

This fantastic chapter starts off with Lilly in shock over Mr. Ambrose's amorous behaviors. SHe then realizes that he's not kidding and that they were going to finally frickle frackle. They then make out and roll everywhere. She starts tearing off his clothes and they both whisper, "I need you." to each other. He tells her that he loves her adn she says it back and they both start tearing each other's clothes off. She pleads for him and he's like, "Soon." Then he kisses her all over. "Lillian." he says and then Lilly is all like "You just called me by my actual name!" He scolds her for ruining his mint condition suit and Lilly is like, "I don't care. Uses my paycheck. You're worth it." She realizes that no one has probably given him an earnest compliment like that in a very long time. She tells him that he's a chauvinistic bachelor and he's like, "Thanks but are you still in love with me?" Lilly says yes and ponders how much Amby makes her feel alive. They continue ripping each other's clothes off and they feel so in love and happy. She says, "Silence is golden." and he says, "You are a diamond." They do this thing where he pins her to the bed and he's like, "Tell me you're mine." And Lilly's like, "Hell yes!" Then since it's both of their first times she asks him to put on one of the "gloves"

Okay I'm going to say this...

SIR ROB YOU TEASE! I thought that they were finally going to put the bear in the cave or the flute in the case! But no! I mean I know that it wasn't expressively said here but you hinted at it greatly! I mean I suppose that it's not really your style to like give the fans the thing that they've been waiting for like right then because goddamit these chapters take a really long time to get to the meaty bits. Like even in S&S for Lilly and Ambrose to finally kiss you kept teasing and teasing and teasing. I swear if something interrupts them the next chapter I'm going to go insane.

(This next part is really awesome but it's a little long by the way)

Anyways besides that this chapter was absolutely adorable. Before I get into that I need to discuss the entire matter of the title. I believe a lot of us misinterpreted "love" and "love making" I know I did! But the love that the title was referencing was the love connection of our ship. That's just beautiful. But the most interesting part of the title is how it references the moon.

The moon symbolizes immortality and eternity in literature. It also represents a calming of one's soul. But that's not all! It also symbolizes how you can survive in life alone but you cannot live  life alone. In addition it shows how love and darkness are always changing in life. So how does the relate to them? Give me a sec.

Immortality= Their love will out live them (perhaps in a book ;)))

Eternity= Their love is eternal

Calming= They find peace with each other as we see in this chapter

Live life together= Shows how they grow more alive when they discover love. Ambrose and Lilly only survived day to day but never really lived until they met.

Changing love= Their feeling have definitely changed since the first book. 

So the title translation would now read, "Love in eternity" or "Eternal love" (I picked eternity because I did't want to write everything down) Hats off to you Sir Rob because that was fantastic!

Now that that's all done let's discuss the part everyone wants to talk about. The use of grammar! Ahaha I'm kidding let's talk about their feelings and emotional stuff.

They need each other. I believe I said this in the last chapter but Mr. Ambrose never needed anything up till now. Lilly never needed anything either. But now they need each other because they're in love. THIS MESSED ME UP SO MUCH AND I STILL CAN'T WRITE PROPERLY DAYS LATER.

And like they're tearing each other's clothes off like a hurricane. There's so much storm symbolism that I'm dying. I'm planning on discussing this further in a discussion about what the titles and covers actually mean so stay tuned.

Can we just talk about that compliment. I mean honestly like this poor man hasn't had a real compliment in years and then Lilly comes in. Like that brought actual tears to my eyes. Lilly is breaking the silence that is his empty sad soul with her pure fire and love.

And silence. All throughout the other books silence has been described negatively and harsh. When ever Lilly and Ambrose talked there would be silence afterwards leaving the unsaid things to disappear. Here the silence is described as loving and dumbfounded. I will talk about what silence represents and it's probably not what you are thinking in a discussion later!

The ending of the chapter was so hilarious. They are finally using the gloves!

------------------

AAAGH! I'm screaming! Like low key besides the part where I review the title it was really hard to write because the feels just kept getting to me until I kept having to lie down. So yeah that's why the rest of the review after that is a little bit short and random. Anyways so I've been really wanting to discuss the symbolism in the covers and titles. Honestly while reviewing material for that I actually died a little because of how chock full of symbols that Sir Rob uses. I swear it'll be out soon!