39. The Announcement (review)

This weeks chapter starts off with the marchioness knocking on the door after Ambrose ran away. Lilly's all like "Yeah I'm fine yeah the trip was fun." The marchioness is all like "Woah! How was it socializing with a foreign princess?" Lilly's all like "What? Oh yes that totally happened." And then the marchioness started to drop even more hints that she ships them vey intensely. I mean but like we already knew that. And then she subtly says that she approves of their relationship. The next day the marchioness decides to announce at breakfast that they were going to have a winter ball. Mr. Ambrose is like, "That sounds horrible." And his mother is all like "Too bad you're opening it over Christmas and Boxing day." Then the marchioness confronts Amby about his *ahem unconventional servants. Then Rik tries to propose AGAIN to Lilly but she proposes her proposal again and he refuses because his "honor" gets in the way. And then Adair and Lilly make some plans to go have a girls day.

I love Lilly in this chapter but like I always love Lilly. She doesn't bend under pressure and keeps to what she wants. (like someone we know) Isn't that amazing? All over romance books we have the same basic female protagonist. AKA one who loses all sense of personality once she gets a boyfriend. Or she just never had one in the first place. I'm looking at you Bella Swan! But Lilly is special in that she has such a unique personality that is really fleshed out to so that she is the only character that I have ever personally read that is like this. Also international women's day! We need to be strong women like Lillian Linton!

Lady Samantha is the best thing ever in this chapter. She knows how to deal with Amby. Maybe she sees that same spark in Lilly and knows that she can (and already has) handle her son. After all she had to deal with 2 icebergs in her life.

Amby. The man himself. I mean look at him sticking to his morals. Like wow. Commitment. I mean I can't even commit to not eating sugar for a week without going crazy! Honestly my favorite part was when he had to take care of his nuts. You know the part when he had to crack his nuts. I'm sorry I'll leave. (I was really surprised at how few dirty jokes there were at that part.)

So Boxing Day. I didn't actually know that this existed and when I read about it it sounded amazing! So basically from someone who knew nothing about it you get a box of usually cash from your employer as a thank you gift. And then there's a ton of sales and it's like Black Friday for those who hail from the USA. I can honestly imagine Rik never ever doing the boxes. Ever. Even giving them an empty box would be a waste as the box cost a couple of pennies and we know how stingy he is! And he doesn't seem to be a big fan of boxing day. Not even the sales darling?