42. Dark Promises (Review)

Chapter 42. starts off with Lilly and Ambrose becoming a little team and becoming the ultimate power couple. Lilly thinks about her and Rik for a moment and realizing that she was connected to Ambrose whether they were married or not. Lilly tells the man who had come to warn them and says, "Tell Karim that I knew who gave him that silly title." The man is like, "What?" He runs off and Lilly and Amby walk to the house. Karim pops out of the bush and is all like, "WHERE?" Ambrose calms him down and then everyone freaks the hell out over the fact the Lord Dogleash himself is coming back. All of the soliders surround the house and prepare to defend it from Dogface when he comes rolling up like a fairytale prince. Lord Dogleash is awful as usual and makes everyone uncomfortable with his convincing false charm. Mr. Ambrose and Dogleash make subtle threats and then Dogleash is off to London to scheme like the weirdo he is. Afterwards Adaira breezes in and is like, "MAAAAKEOVERS!" Lilly is like, "AHAHAHAH HELP."

So might I just say... I HATE YOU DOGLEASH! WITH YOUR STUPID FACE AND SCHEMES AND JUST BEING TERRIBLE AND AAAGHH! YOU ARE THE WORST AND LIKE NO. JUST NO. GOD NO.

Okay so sorry I had to get that out of the way. But like I cannot with him. Like I know that he is petty as hell but just pulling up to your enemy's house and being like, "I will destroy you." is next level petty. That's like me rolling up to my mortal enemy and being like "Yes so I know I forced your family to house me and I basically ruined your life but I have  just one thing to say. Go fuck yourself! Byeeeeeeeee!" So yeah. No character analysis or whatever. I just hate the man.

And Karim. So in this chapter just an interesting similarity is that (spoiler up ahead) in Hunting for Silence he continuously pops out of the bush. In this chapter he also kind of pops out of the bush. Interesting...

Okay okay so can we just like talk about how amazing Ambrose and Lilly are in this chapter? Like at the beginning they really become in synch because they are in balance. The reason why this relationship is sort of stagnent where it is is because they are not in a balance with each other. He is ice she is fire. Like lowkey honestly I highly recommend that you read the first couple of paragraphs again. When they are untied they are strong because because they ARE IN BALANCE GOD DAMMIT! And why does that happen? Ambrose finally stoped coddling her for one second and treated her like an equal. I cannot stress how important this seemingly miniscule sect is even if it was just very brief. Literally they are yin yang and so in synch and nothing can stop them and yeah. I'd go on but like this review is turning into a giant screaming fest. 

So I'm sorry that I got this review out pretty late. I just don't really feel motivated anymore. I feel like these things are just me putting something out there on the internet that no one reads and no one really cares about. I'm thinking about just ending the book when like Silence Breaking officially ends.