CHAPTER 10 Hellhound

"This is the field."

Kateryna stopped walking at the edge of the short grass and watched as a kid shot a ball of swirling wind out of his hands towards another kid.

She gasped, thinking it would hit the other student, but the wind suddenly flared out around the girl, who had her hand out, as if it had hit an invisible barrier.

"Impressive," she muttered. How am I supposed to do stuff like that?

Liam smiled. "You'll do better than that."

Kateryna looked around, searching for Raiden. She frowned. "How can you be so sure?"

"I just know."

"Oh, there he is!" She started walking again, around the people training and towards the tall boy with the dark black hair.

A fireball suddenly zoomed towards her head, before extinguishing right before impact. Kateryna whirled around, wide eyed, to look at Liam, who had his hand extended toward her.

"You're on a training field. You need to be alert for stray projectiles at all times." He said disapprovingly.

She gulped loudly before proceeding towards Raiden again, with more care.

Students wearing different colored uniforms were spread out across the field. Some were fighting with weapons, others with bare hands, and others with familiars.

When they were within earshot of Raiden, Kateryna called out to him.

He turned around and walked toward them.

Kateryna crossed her arms and looked away, irritated.

"Thanks for making me find my own way out of that stupid maze. It took forever. But luckily, Liam here, brought me to the training field as you asked."

She glanced at him to see Raiden and Liam in a staring match. Or glaring match, in Raiden's case.

Weird, they must not like each other.

"Hey, what's with you guys? You're gonna send sparks flying if you keep this up."

Liam broke away his gaze first and turned to Kateryna with a smile.

"I'll be going first, then."

She smiled and waved goodbye, before looking back at Raiden, a scowl on her face.

"Is that how you treat peers here?"

Raiden narrowed his eyes at her.

"Did he say anything to you?"

"Um, what?"

What's that supposed to mean? The question doesn't really make sense, I mean, of course he said something to me.

"You shouldn't trust him. He has a strange aura around him, but it's stifled. You've seen his eyes. They're not normal."

"And your eyes are?" She asked incredulously.

Aren't all angelblood eyes strange colors?

He huffed. "Just stay away from him. Don't talk to him, he's dangerous."

Kateryna let out a sound of disbelief.

"Who are you? My dad? My brother? I'll talk to who I want!"

He shrugged. "Do what you want then. Don't come crying to me when something happens to you."

"Whatever. So what do I do now?"