"Yeah." I replied and seconds later she comes walking in. She looks over to me and smiles a little. "Come here."

She walks over to me and I wrap my arms around her into a hug. "I'm sorry." I apologized.

She pulled away to look at me. "For what?"

"For not watching our daughter more carefully." I explained. She squints her eyes a bit.

"She's six. You don't have to eye her like a hawk. It was an accident that she fell in. It wasn't your fault." She said in a stern voice. "Don't you dare beat yourself up about this."

I am not usually the crying type, but Delaney means so much to me.

I feel the heat behind my eyes. "I thought she would be dead by the time I got her out."

"You saved her Zayn. Think of it like that, okay? You saved our daughters life... Again." She said and pecked my lips.

"Again?" I questioned.

"Remember when you brought her to me unconscious after kidnapping her?" She asked with a smile. I nodded. "By bringing her to me, you saved her."

I half smile and bring my hands to her waist. She leans up and presses her lips to mine. Her lips mold against mind and I suddenly find myself wanting more.

I back her up and she ends up hitting the wall. "You okay?" I mumbled against her lips.

"Yeah but we should stop." She pulled back, looking me in the eyes. "And check on Delaney. I left her to go to the bathroom and change."

I nodded and pulled away. "I love you."

"I love you." She smiles and leads us out of her room and across the hall to Delaney's.

Delaney sits on the floor with a towel wrapped around her naked, fragile body. She has tears streaming down her cheeks and her hair is a mess. I bet mine is the same.

"Baby," Ariana cooed. "Why didn't you put your clothes on?"

"I'm scared." She cried and my heart breaks even more.

Ariana bent down to her. "It's all okay babe. Here, I'll help you."

Ariana lifts her and drops the towel. She gets her into her clothing so she's no longer cold. Delaney is pouting the whole time and I can't help but feel like it's all my fault.

"I'll put your hair back so it's not sticking to your face." Ariana said softly and takes a hair tie off her wrist. She gently pulls Delaney's hair back and Delaney makes a pained face.

I watch as she ties her hair into a pony tail and lets her long hair run down her back.

Delaney looks at me with sad eyes. I kneel down and open my arms for her. She walks over and into my arms and I lift her up.

"I love you so much." I said to her as she wraps her legs around my waist. She lays her head on my shoulder.

"I love you too daddy." She mumbled into my ear. She sniffles and squirms until she's comfortable. "Can I still have my ice cream?"

I smile. "It might be melted now but I can make you some new ice cream."

"Okay." She mumbled into my shoulder. And then we all walk down to the kitchen.

--

"Daddy?" Delaney asked for me while I hold her in my arms while sitting on the couch. I raise my eyebrows at her in response. "When's uncle Harry and uncle Niall and uncle Louis and uncle Liam comin' back to see me?"