Chapter 17

Ariana's POV:

I don't know what to think. My heart just did this turning thing and it didn't feel good at all.

"Management wants Perrie and I back together." That keeps replaying in my head like a record. Why am I letting this hurt me so much?

"Oh." Is all I can manage to say. He looks to the ground and my frown deepens.

"I should be going." I said, awkwardly. "I've got a photo shoot to attend."

"O-okay." He scratches the back of his neck. "I guess we will see you later."

My heart hurts and I don't understand why. This shouldn't be getting to me as much as it is. He doesn't love me that way anymore anyways. But he did say he doesn't love Perrie.. I don't know.

I give him a little nod before grabbing my purse and making my way out the door. Since I've got a little time to spare, I hop in my car and decide to drive through Starbucks to get a coffee.

I drive down the road to my house until I come upon my big black gate that keeps the paparazzi and fans from attacking me. It was very pricey but it's better than having my home be torn to pieces.

"Richard, it's Ariana. Open the gates?" I let go of the receiver that goes to his receiver in the mini 10 by 10 room that is in control of who goes in and out of this gate. I can see the little room right now. It's about 100 feet to the left of me and it's painted a light shade of pink. He waves through the window before pressing the button that opens the gate and I drive through. Poor man, he works there 12 hours a day and then goes home to his 5 children, two whom to be teenagers.

As I'm driving down the street I spy a Starbucks and make my way towards it. My mind is swirling with thoughts on how Zayn could easily take Delaney again. I mentally face palm. He's not going to take her though, right? I'm pretty sure he won't.

Like he read my mind or something, I get a text from him.

*Do you mind if the guys come over to join Delaney and I?*

I read it and quickly answer.

* I don't mind.*

"Shit!" I screamed when I swerved and almost hit another car. Dang it! I even signed a petition to not text and drive. I'm so dumb.

Just as I was nervously hoping not to happen, red white and blue lights shine behind me and I groan. A police officer. Why did he have to see me texting this ONE time? I never text and drive but when I choose to once, I get caught.

I drive my car into a parking lot and and park, then I bang my head repeatedly on the steering wheel in embarrassment and annoyance.

It nearly takes him 10 freaking minutes to write down my license plate number and whatever cops do when they pull someone over. Why did I have to text and swerve?

A few moments later I take my head off the steering wheel and roll down my window, glaring at the police officer in annoyance at myself. I quickly replace my glare with another face that isn't quite rude.

"Ma'am, do you realize you were driving 10 mph over the speed limit, you were texting, and that caused you to nearly damage another car?" He questioned, grabbing something out of his bad pocket that happens to be a clipboard where they write up tickets. Fantastic.

I groan and respond. "I'm sorry sir. Can you let it slide just this once? I'm going to be late for my job."

He stares at me for a few moments before he shakes his head no. "I'm afraid I can't do that, ma'am. This is a strict law and you not only broke one law, but you broke three. May I see your license and registration please?"