1.1 Veiled In Pink

World – my world- was easy back in those days.

Monotonous- monochrome.  

With the same colour around, at least my eyes did not get dazzled with vibrancy of shimmery gold or the vivacity of the glamorous purple. Nor I had to look cautiously for some peeking- submerged - shade on the junction of two mated colours. No, I was wrapped securely in pink with my eyes were covered-protected- behind the curtains of its delicate shade.

Pink was the colour of innocence and bliss.

Pink was the colour of ignorance and foolishness.

It was the only colour I had to see and the only colour I had to be.

I saw pink, or I tried to. I would not look at the red and black and others as they peeked through the eyes, defied the colour their respective shell were, of the children at the nearby park. Parents were satisfied, I saw the world the way they wanted me to see- virgin and spotless.

I wonder if my little playmates would peek at my grey and yellow as both of them seeped through the faulty walls of my bubble.

I thought myself a scholar in those days for I knew the existence of grey and yellow inside the filter of innocence. We were not to know colours other than our world - our bubble, either white or pink- the common ones. Yet, I was there, looking that the wailing yellow and smirking grey splattered across my body. I was smart. I was cunning.

I was grey.

I was afraid to whisper the confidences the corrupted part of my mind contained. I was afraid. I was coward.

I was yellow.

_____________________________________________________________________________

6th of May, 2018.

Dedicated to Rosalie for being the first person to see the book. 

*hides behind the sofa*

So how did you like the opening? Worth reading?

I had plans to publish this part on 7th, but oh my pour soul! I could not wait!

How do you see pink? What does it denote?

I'm both excited and nervous about your reaction, so please :

Vote
{Press the 🌟}
and
Comment!