|You Are My Play Thing| Chapter 28

"Where is she?!"

My eyes shot open as I heard the loud scream. "It is none of your business. Now, can you please get out of my house?"

"I'm not going anywhere until I get her back. I know she is in here!"

A chuckle was made, "I never said she wasn't."

"That is it!" After those words were made, I heard a vicious growl then a loud thud.

Curious as to what was going on, I sat up and rubbed my eyes which were still adjusting to the light pouring into the room. I grabbed the blankets and tore them off of me before grabbing the door handle and pulling it open.

"She is close.. I can feel her."

That same growl was made and I quickly pressed my back against the wall, afraid of being caught. "Give her to me!"

"She isn't yours. She is my lover." A crash was made, making me jump from the sudden noise.

Hearing the crash made me even more curious to see what was happening. I quickened my pace up but kept silent, trying to make out the conversation the two men, I assume, were so engrossed in.

"Liar. What did you do to her?!"

As I got closer to the scene, the thuds and crashes got louder, so did their voices. "Oh... Nothing much."

Another thud was made, "Tell me what you did to her!"

I peeked my head around the corner and almost gasped at what I saw. It was Ashton and another man, covered in blood and cuts.  "I'm not saying this because you are asking me to, I'm saying this because I want you to know how good her blood tastes. When I sunk my fangs into her neck it was amazing, she is so sweet. Just like –"

The man slammed Ashton against the wall, "You bit her!"

"That's what I just said."

He raised his fist in the air and aimed for Ashton's face, "You are going to pay. That's my –"

"No!" I ran from my hiding spot and quickly stood in front of Ashton, shielding him with my body, my eyes closed once in front of him. Waiting for the punch that never came, I opened my eyes and blinked, confused.

The man's fist was just centimetres from my face, "Alyssa?"

I tilted my head, "Yes?"

He took his fist away from my face and moved his hair out of his eyes, "It's me."

"I don't know who you are..." I felt an arm snake around my waist.

Ashton pulled me closer towards his body, my back pressed against his chest, "She doesn't know who you are, so why don't you just leave?"

The man in front of me stared into my eyes, clearly flabbergasted about something, "It's Draven. I'm your—"

"Leave."

I turned in Ashton's arms and looked up into his eyes, "Please let him say what he has to say, I'm curious."

Ashton sighed but nodded anyway, "If that's what you want, my love."

I moved away from Ashton and crossed my arms over my chest, facing the tall figured stranger, "You're Draven?"

He nodded his head, "Yes, yes I am. Do you remember?"

"What is it that you want?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He looked a little confused as I gave him a mean look but continued to speak, "You."