|You Are My Play Thing| Chapter 29

"D-Draven." I watched in horror as she whimpered, reaching out for me before falling onto her side unconscious.

That's when I lost it. I didn't care if I killed anyone, I didn't care if I laid a hand on a woman. "You fucking bitch!"

I glanced at Ashton to see he was picking up a silver stake, but before he could hurt me with it, I hit his wrist with my palm. I swiftly grabbed the stake while it was air borne and tried to get him in the heart but before I knew it he vanished into thin air.

I heard light foot steps inch away from me, "Stop where you are."

Immediately there was silence, no sound was made. "You deserve to die for hurting my mate."

She turned on her toes, glaring at me. "Am I hearing you right?" She scoffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder, "She stole Ashton away from me! That little slut can't keep her hands away from any guy even when she has you!"

I let out a snarl before appearing right in front of her, murderously narrowing my eyes down at her. "Take that back. You take what you said back!"

She backed up, trying to get as much space between the two of us. "Never. What I said what true."

I smirked as her back hit the wall, panic set in her eyes, "Oh, do I see fear?"

I walked towards her, wrapping my fingers around her pale neck. Oh how I wished I could snap it in half. Immediately her eyes widened at my actions as she now noticed what I was about to do.

She tried to push on my chest which made me tighten my grip on her neck. "You deserve to die."

Were my last words to her before I snapped her neck in half, smirking as I heard the crack. That action was what brought me back to reality.

"Alyssa!" I ran over to her, my heart threatening to jump out of my chest. As I neared towards her, I realised her heart beat was getting slower by the minute. I wanted to punch myself in the face. If I had gotten over with that stupid Maria girl faster, Alyssa could be in the hospital right now!

Carefully picking her up, I held her in my arms, princess style. I ran through the house, trying my hardest to find the exit. After not finding anything for five minutes I almost screamed in anger. I wanted to just bust all the walls down in this house just to get out of it.

Alyssa stirred in my arms, her breathing getting ragged and heavy, "Mmm..."

Looking down at her my heart stopped beating. She was still so beautiful with sweat framing her paling face, blood on – Blood. "Draven you freaking idiot!"

I turned my head to see Emmanuel making his way towards me, his eyes blazing. "Do you not realize that Alyssa is dying? Hurry the fuck up and give her to me!"

I almost clawed for his face, "No. Don't touch her."

"Draven, give her to me." He narrowed his eyes, "Now."

"I'm not –"

I got cut off by Alyssa's stirring body. Glancing at Emmanuel I noticed that he started to get paler and his fangs began to show. "Follow me."

Nodding, I followed him. Running when he began to pick up his pace. Suddenly, something gripped onto my ripped shirt. I looked down to see Alyssa's small fingers tightly holding onto the material of my shirt.

"I'm going to get you out of here, baby."

Sniffing the air, I realised that we were getting close to fresh air. Quickly thanking Emmanuel for his guidance so far, I overtook him and in a mere matter of seconds I was outside the damn house, running towards the nearest hospital. I used my vampire speed, not caring if any humans saw me. If they did, that was to bad because if my mate was in danger, I didn't care what happened. As long as she is safe, that's when I'll relax.

Quickly running into the hospital, I yelled at the top of my lungs, "Doctor! My mat— My girlfriend got stabbed! Help me!"

I watched as several doctors and nurses ran towards me, "Put her on here."

The doctor pointed to a table and I quickly placed her on it before watching them push the table, which had wheels, away. Following them, I placed one of my hands on table, looking down at Alyssa in a pained expression. Watching her eyes flutter slightly was enough to take my breath away. I only now just realised that she wasn't just something to fuck. She was near perfect. Never would I now throw away such a precious diamond for a worthless rock.

A hand was placed on my chest, stopping me from going any further. "You're going to have to stop here, son."

Growling at the doctors comment, I shook my head. "She is my girlfriend! I will not just stand here!"

"You're going to have to. We won't be able to operate with you in there."

Scoffing, I replied "And why is that?"

Another voice interrupted my next words, "Doctor, I got this. Go operate on her."

Nodding past my head, he rushed into the emergency room, shouting directions to other nurses and doctors. Turning around, I noticed Emmanuel glaring at me, his arms folded across his chest.  "Would you like to explain that?"

"Explain what?" I asked.

He fumed, running his fingers through his hair. "You were keeping him from doing his job! Every single second is precious in there, Draven! You can't be selfish about this. This is your fault that she is in there!"

I was about to open my mouth but I quickly shut it, glancing into Emmanuel's fiery gaze. "I know... I just couldn't be without her, even if it was just for a couple of seconds. I felt this pull. I felt something."

"You know I love you, man. But that is the biggest bullshit. You hate her." He tilted his head at me, a confused look in his eyes.

Frustrated by his words, I ran my fingers through my hair. "You don't know that."

"I do know that!" He marched up towards me angrily, grabbing the collar of my shirt and pressed me up against the wall, "You treat her like shit!"

Yanking his arms off of me, I pushed him away. "Why the hell do you care!?"

"I love her!"

My eyes widened at his sudden outburst. He was breathing in and out heavily, his eyes turning darker by the second. I continued to stare at him in shock by his words, watching him press his hands against the wall, his back arched. Suddenly, he punched the wall, an animalistic growl erupting from his throat, "I would of killed you a long time ago."

Composing myself from my shocked state, I narrowed my eyes at his arched figure, "What stopped you?"

"Her." He turned around, his eyes boring into mine with a finger pointing at the room Alyssa was being operated in ,"She did! All those times you hurt her, she would come crying to me! Do you have any idea how much that broke my heart?" He scoffed, laughing lightly, "Of course you wouldn't, you've never loved in your whole life!"

"You listen here, asshole –"

"Woah, there. Repeat what you just said. Am I really the asshole? I am not the one who hurt and made her cry. You are the asshole." He looked away from me, looking somewhat disappointed, "I shouldn't of hoped you would change... I should of made her mine!"

Growling, I stalked up to him and gripped the front of his shirt, "Don't even think about it! You can't make her yours anyway, I marked –"

He interrupted me, a sly grin on his face, "But you haven't mated with her."

 ~~

Hi, guys!

I know it's been a long time, but I have had so much stuff going on lately that it has been very hard to sit down at a laptop/computer and write a chapter.. I have my exams coming up soon and that is also putting a lot of pressure onto me!

Thank you to everyone who has continued to read and vote for my story! It really means a lot to me that you guys would still put in the time and effort for me.

Since I have so many reads (In my opinion) I will at least be uploading once or twice a week. Definitely once because.. I have a lover who continues to pester me about uploading on here, so I won't forget to!

I love you guys, I really do.

Mwah!