‘He didn’t even hold his child, he was disgusted with him and immediately got angry, he asked why I had kept the child and attacked me. Then, a few days later I found my baby boy d-dead in his cot.’ A few tears rolled down her face as she stared at the wall behind me. Even though I didn’t like her, my heart broke for her. ‘CJ had hired someone to k-kill his own child…how could you kill your own child?’ She broke down and Dontae wrapped his arms around her.

‘It’s alright Elisha.’ He soothed her. She pulled herself together and took a deep breath before continuing.

‘Jeremiah was only 6 months, he still had his whole life. He never got to talk, crawl, walk, and go to school…all because of CJ. CJ felt no way about it and even spat in my face when I saw him, telling me I deserved it so yesterday my brother found CJ, and called Dontae and they went to sort him out. I tried to reason with them but they didn’t listen. Afterwards, Dontae took me to his as I was crying and I fell asleep in his bed, that’s the only reason I was there. Nothing happened, I swear.’

I stood silent for a while, trying to process everything. This 15 year old girl had been disowned by her family, given birth on her own, raised a new-born by herself and then had him brutally taken away when he was only 6 months. Oh my days. Before I could help it, my feet reacted and walked over to her, pulling her into a bone-crushing hug.

‘I’m so sorry.’ I whisper as she silently cries. No one deserves to go through that especially on their own. Now I knew why she needed Dontae.

‘No, I am. Sorry if I caused problems with you guys.’ She says pulling away.

‘Don’t be stupid, it was my fault. I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions and judged you without even knowing you.’ I was mentally punching myself for being so inconsiderate and idiotic. I should’ve just trusted Dontae and accepted his reasons for not telling me, I could understand now. I felt like I had forced Elisha to tell me something that was so personal and all because I was jealous. I’m such a bitch.

‘Sorry.’ I whisper as I walk over to Dontae and wrap my arms around him. He hugs me back and pecks my neck.

‘It’s alright.’ He whispers. We stay with Elisha for a bit. As we spoke, and I got to know her better I realised she was actually a nice girl.

‘It was nice to actually talk to you.’ Elisha says hugging me as we were leaving.

‘Same. If you ever need someone to talk to, just call me yeah?’ I ask. She nods smiling brightly before briefly hugging Dontae. We leave her house and start the journey back home.

‘I can’t believe what she’s been through.’ I mutter to Dontae. He nods.

‘Same. I don’t know how she copes every day.’ My mind wandered to how she got raped, which caused me to empathise with her. I knew exactly how she felt but having to carry the rapist’s baby and do everything on her own? She was strong.

‘I’m so happy you made me come here.’ I turn to Dontae.

‘So?’

‘What?’ I ask.

‘Can I get my kiss now or?’ He says pointing to his lips. I roll my eyes before leaning up and pressing my lips against his. Not gonna lie, I missed this.

Ominous POV

He watched them both from a safe distance, mentally creating a picture of her in his memory. He watched as they share a kiss, oblivious to the people walking past and cooing. He watches as they pull apart and she slightly blushes before they continue their journey with her frequently smiling or laughing causing her brown eyes to squint and a tiny dimple to emerge at the left corner of her mouth. Jayda Michaels. How could he forget her? With her light caramel skin tone, slightly chinky brown eyes, her small nose and wild, long brown curls. His mind raced as he watched them walk into the distance, happily oblivious to the man in the blacked-out car watching their every move, like he had been for the past nine months.