Chapter 2

Tragically the days went quickly until it was Friday.

I woke up with a start, I glared at my alarm clock and without much of a second thought I hit it hard, finally forcing it to stop ringing.  With a groan I got out of bed and turned up my music, trying to wake up. I went to my closet and chose what I would wear for the school day and for the Open Doors concert

“I can´t wait for it” I mumbled sarcastically.

I´ve never been much of a morning person, I will never understand those weirdoes which woke up at six in the morning. After 10 minutes of lazing around and grabbing my clothes, I made my way to my bathroom, it was a pretty simple and small bathroom with blue tiles, a small shower and a wooded cabinet with all my hair and skin essentials. With a groan I took my clothes off and went into the shower, relaxing thanks to the hot water.

After my shower I quickly dressed up and was now starring at my reflection in the mirror, brushing my black, straight hair. I stared at a grey eyes girl wearing a pair of black skinnies, a long white blouse that said “what I´m I doing here?” and my black converse. She didn´t look very happy at the moment but her lips where forming a small smile anyway. I grabbed my backpack and went out of my room going to the kitchen for breakfast.

“Hi Derek” I said as I kissed his cheeck good morning, he smiled at me and ruffled my hair. I slapped his hand away and started rearranging my styled hair; Derek laughed and shook his head.

 “What´s for breakfast?” I asked, smelling the air. Even if I´m not a morning person I love breakfast, If breakfast was a man, I would be a married woman already.

“Pancakes” He answered.

“Great!” I said with a smile on my face, he rolled his eyes, Derek would never understand my addiction with pancakes. Since a couple of years ago this had been our routine, he would prepare us breakfast, I would go with Ash to school and Derek would take Jill to her school. I the rare mornings when our parents didn´t have to go to work early, mum would prepare us a special breakfast and take us all to school.

“Are you doing something tonight?” He asked as he handed me a plate with hot pancakes and syrup. I walked up to the dining table and sat down, Derek followed.

“Yeah, I´m going to a concert with Ashley” I said making a face.

“Awesome, I´ll stay with Jill and I promise not to forget about her” he said with a wink. I smiled at him and started devouring my pancakes. After a while I heard Ashley´s car distinctive honk outside the house, I kissed my brother goodbye and went to meet Ashley, I entered her car and closed the door.

 “Hey Ash, how have you been?” I asked her, as she started the car.

“I´m so excited about tonight, I can barley wait” she said smiling like a foul. I rolled my eyes.

“Good for you” I said.

Soon enough Ash parked her car in the school´s parking lot and we rushed through the halls as the last bell rang. School went really quickly, I dreaded it. The bell that signaled he end of the day was about to ring. I tried controlling it with my mind (don´t judge me, I was losing hope). Ten seconds passed as always the bell rang I groaned and glared at the clock, blaming it for keeping moving.

I got up from my sit and grabbed my backpack grumpily walking out of the classroom. I glared at the floor thinking about the concert, first we would have to drive two hours to the concert arena and then I would have to hear them for about three hours. How could Ashley do this to me? I thought dramatically.

“Abby! Come on we have to go know” Ash yelled from across the corridor, I groaned. God I hated just how Ashley called for attention, she knew I hated the attention.