Bland

An: AGH it's been too long! Here's more progress for you 👀

"Hey, Y/n?" Camila speaks up when there are about five minutes left in class. I look up and hum to let her know she's got my attention.

"Do you mind staying behind to help me with this?" She asks, tapping the large box beside her.

I grimace as I reply, "I would, but Mr. Whatever-his-name-is, the tech theatre teacher, has been all up in my ass about being late."

She snickers at my language before nodding slowly.

"What about during lunch? Do you have anywhere else to be?" She tries again, and I pause for a moment to think.

"No, I think I'm free." I grin, "I'll swing by and give you a hand." I add a wink for good measure, and she smiles with a small blush before turning back to her computer. I wonder what's in the box, but let it be for now. I'll find out soon enough, anyway.

Technical Theatre drags on for what feels like forever, as do my other classes, but soon the lunch bell rings and I walk the opposite direction to how I usually would.

With my earbuds in, I keep switching the songs to find one I can walk quickly too, but just keep switching all the way up to her door. I knock as I pull out one earphone, and hear a small scuffle on the other side.

"Come in!" Her angelic voice calls out, and I can't help but blush slightly as I open the door and slip inside, closing it behind me.

"Hey, Camila." I greet her casually, watching as she stands near the door and looks around with a thoughtful look.

"Hi, Y/n." She replies in a tone that sounds natural, like she didn't even think about it, before she turns to me with an exasperated sigh.

"Does my room look boring?" She inquires, and I look around too, finding the walls to be quite bland looking. I hadn't noticed before, but hey, who can blame me when she's the teacher.

"Maybe a little." I shrug, not wanting to offend her in any way.

"That's what I was thinking. I thought we could put up some posters and bunting and what not to liven the place up a bit. I also want some photos of my students and their work on the walls, but that'll need to be built up over time." She explains, bursting into action and strutting over to her desk to open the box. Meanwhile, my eyes may or may not land on her ass. Damn, it looks even greater than usual in that skirt.

I don't notice that she's watching me over her shoulder until I bite my lip and she chuckles.

"Like what you see?" She muses, sending me a wink. I'm surprised that somehow I don't blush, instead snaking around the desks to stand at her side. Her breath catches in her throat momentarily, causing me to smirk. On its own accord, my hand raises and a curled index finger rests beneath her chin, keeping her eyes locked on mine.

"What would you do if I said no?" I tease, and she pauses for a moment before laughing out loud, pulling her chin out of my reach and looking down and rummaging through the box. I'm not finished, though.

"Okay, so what would you do if I said yes, Camila?" I poke, and this time she freezes entirely. I watch her eyes glance up at the closed classroom door before she straightens and looks back at me.

"Y/n..." her tone sounds like a warning, but like one she's reluctant to give. I, therefore, ignore it and bring my finger back to her chin gently leading her closer towards me. I give her all the time in the world to pull away, give me a detention or get me expelled, but she does none of those. My lips are centimetres from hers, her breath billowing against my skin, when there's a knock at the door.

Of course.

"Ms. Cabello?" A man's voice speaks from the other side, and I immediately recognise it as that of my tech theatre teacher. With a groan, I pull away and detach myself from her, leaving her looking flustered as she tries to smooth herself over before the door opens.

"Oh! Y/n." He comments upon noticing me looking through the box of decorations as means of making myself look busy.

"Mr. Wilson," I mumble in reply, hoping it's at least close to his name.

"Hey there, what can I do for you?" Camila greets him politely, though she does hold a hint of annoyance in her tone. Apparently, she doesn't know his name either.

"Well, I was actually visiting to discuss Y/n's tardiness. I was wondering if you knew anything about her repeated late arrivals to my classroom, seeing as she is in here before." He explains, and I have to hold back a scoff.

"Well, I'm sorry about that Mr..."

"David." He interjects, and Camila nods.

"I'm sorry about that, Mr. David," he sighs, "but perhaps this is a matter to be brought up between the student and yourself? Now, if you'd excuse us, we were busy." Camila quickly dismisses him, and I can't help but smirk once more. Damn, she's hot even when I'm not looking at her.

"Y-yes, of course." He stutters out before stepping towards her desk and placing something on it, catching my attention. It's a small slip of paper, like a business card, and he explains, "Here. In case you ever need me... for anything."

I glance up as he winks, and catch a glimpse of her minuscule eye-roll before she literally turns her back to him and leans her hips against the desk, looking down at me. I grin at her secretively as he awkwardly nods and leaves the room, almost closing the door behind him. I ignore the crack still causing it to be open and resume my position in front of her, my finger crooking under her chin once more.

"Y/n, don't." She breathes out, making my actions falter.

"Sorry." I utter right away, peeling myself away from her and clearing my throat as I turn a light pink, "I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Camila reassures awkwardly, "Should we... should we just get started decorating?"

I nod and begin emptying the box, trying to ignore the obvious tension hanging between us now.