Chapter 21- Reception

Start from the beginning

"Eli? What's going on?"

"Paul saw me and your Mom, but I kept him from seeing you. Take a peak, he's looking down."

"Holy Mackerel! He looks scared shitless!!! Oh, sorry Mom."

"No need to apologise, he should get the shit beat out of him, again. I'd like to do it myself!"

We all started laughing loudly. Heads turned to us, but by that time, we really didn't care. CeCe was already loosening up, she had been so tense during the ceremony. I'd worried about her health, it was less than a week since she was in the hospital. Oh! The food!

"Hey sweetie. I'm gonna go talk to the caterer and make sure you can eat everything. Be right back."

She smiled and I gave her a quick kiss, then as I was leaving I heard her Mom talking about how helpful I was. It made me feel hopeful for the future. I liked Yvonne, she'll make a good mother-in-law. Based on everything CeCe told me, she wasn't always so supportive. Especially when it came to their church and her problems with Paul. But she'd always been there for her and raised her alone. No grandparents or father. No aunts, uncles, or cousins. Where as I have family coming out of my fucking ass! I knew that a lot of it had to do with our uber-catholic background, but damn! Just looking around the room I knew I was related to half the people there.

I talked to the wedding planner, she was easy to spot, walking around with an ear piece and giving instructions to just about everyone. She was at the DJ booth and then I heard the announcement that Sarah and Mike were here. I'm guessing it took them much longer for pictures. But now that they're here, food is going to be served.

"Excuse me. I know you're extremely busy, but this is important. I need to speak to the caterer, my girlfriend has food allergies and I want to make sure she can eat everything."

"And you are?"

"Eli, bother of the bride."

"Of course! I should have seen that right away! You are very handsome."

"Right. My girlfriend..."

"Oh, yes! Follow me."

Was she seriously trying to flirt with me when I obviously pointed out that I was here with someone?! Maybe if I had never met CeCe, I would have done a wedding hook-up or two... or more. But definitely not anymore.

We got to the person in charge of the food, they assured me that none of the dishes served had egg. But the cake did, so no cake for us. I wasn't going to eat it if she couldn't.

"Is there an alternative to the cake? I won't have any either, wouldn't want to get her sick by contact."

The wedding planner looked shocked. I couldn't tell if she was disappointed that I would be kissing my girlfriend, or that I was being considerate. Either way, she really needed to back the fuck off me. She was still being flirty and touching my arm. I backed up and asked again if we could have something other than the cake. The caterer stepped up and said he would work on it. There was time before dessert anyway. So, I walked away from the little flirt and went back to my table. The food had already been brought out and CeCe was waiting for me before eating. I reassured her it was all good.

"I figured, based on what's on my plate, but I didn't want to eat without you."

My heart flipped. I leaned over and kissed her. I moved to her neck, then up to her ear and I whispered.

"I love you so much. I would much rather be eating something else right now. But I guess this 5 star meal will work... for now."

The blush on her face was incredible. She took a drink of water and I could see her squeeze her legs together. I wondered how wet she was, I guessed pretty fucking wet.