#79 1/2: In The Teens' Perspectives

Start from the beginning

Oh, so that's how it escaped Mount Lady, Percy thought.

It threw the boulder at his direction. "Oh shist!"

He dove out of the way as the rock crashed on the spot he is previously in like a meteor crashing to Earth. "It IS an answer, you *****!"

The ravenhead coughed. He really doesn't have energy to fight. But at least that confirmed Jack's theory.

That these shadows used to be humans.

"Okay, okay!", Percy raised his hands up. "That's an answer. Chill!"

The shadow visibly calmed down to a neutral state. Okay, Percy. Be careful about your next words.

"But...I just have to ask you", he enunciated. "What is this forgotten one to you anyway?"

The shadow blinked. "What?"

Percy facepalmed. "Hey, I just said that loud and clea--"

"I know what you said. But...why that question?"

He blinked. Okay...this is weird.

"Well, if you and the other shadows are so loyal to this forgotten one or whatever", Percy pointed at the shadow. "Then, what did this person do to earn all your loyalties?"

The shadow blinked in confusion. Honest to god blinked in confusion.

Percy's also confused himself with the shadow's reaction (because he half expected it to come barrelling at him) so...progress?

"I...", the shadow winced. "...don't know?"

"You...don't know."

"YES, I don't know. My very first memory was someone telling me that I owe the forgotten one and that I should serve him with everything I have..."

"So, you guys were brainwashed."

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing", Percy grinned sheepishly and turned away. Then, he frowned. So, they were already set in this sick mindset. Oh my gods...

"Okay, tell me this", he turned back. "How did you know your name is Caitlin MacIllFheargain?"

The shadow went rigid.

"Is it...", he dared to continue. "...because he gave you that name?"

"Shut up...", the shadow hissed.

Percy had a feeling he should continue. So he did. "Is it because you felt like it is your name?"

"Shut up...!"

"Or is it...because you kinda had a glimpse of your life before this?"

"I SAID SHUT UP!", a star was thrown into his face.

He jumped into the air as the ground blew up. "Why are you doing this?!"

Another star launched itself into his direction. He forced himself to dive onto the ground.