Part 4: Chapter 6

Start from the beginning

"No. He was sleeping when I left."

"What's happened? Why did you leave?"

"Well, it started earlier after the fashion show..."

*********************

7 Hours Earlier

"Good evening!  As many of you know, I started the Narcissa Fashion House with family in mind. I named my brand after my grandmother, who I was named after. She was known for her poise and sense of style and it is always my goal to emulate that in my designs. I hope you enjoy the debut of the Makayla Collection inspired by my dear niece. This is our fashion house's first line for children. Makayla, sweetheart come on up here."

The audience applauded as Makayla gracefully made her way onto the runway and stood next to her aunt. They were wearing variations of the same outfit. Red babydoll dresses, Makayla's paired with sandals, Narcissa Jo's with sky high stilettos.

"Makayla was very instrumental in the designs that you will soon see as our precious models grace the runway. She shows great promise already at only the age of nine! Makayla, would you like to open the show?"

Makayla nodded and took the microphone. "On behalf of everyone here at Narcissa Fashion House as well as my family, I would like to thank you for being here on this special occasion. Please sit back, relax, and enjoy the show."

The show was a huge success among both the muggle and wizard fashion critics who were in attendance and Narcissa Jo was subjected to interview after interview when it was over.

"The show was amazing love," Thomas said as he dragged her away from the reporters and handed her a slice of cheesecake which she promptly inhaled.

Narcissa Jo nodded her gratitude. "Thanks for this babe. I'm starving." She took another bite and felt something hard between her teeth. She frowned in confusion as she pulled the foreign object out of her mouth and wiped it with her napkin.

It was a beautiful white gold engagement ring with a huge princess cut diamond smack dab in the middle.

She gasped and almost dropped it. "Thomas? What is this?" She looked up and saw him down on one knee in front of her.

"Narcissa Jo Malfoy. Years ago, you showed me the stars in a place where nothing could block them. That day, you became my own personal star, shining brightness into my very dim life. I love you and you would make me the happiest man on Earth if you would be my wife."

Tears were streaming down Narcissa Jo's face as she nodded enthusiastically and practically leaped into his arms. The reporters still in attendance quickly snapped photos as the newly engaged couple shared a kiss.

They walked back to Thomas' apartment together, hand in hand, bright smiles on their faces. Thomas could hardly get the door open before Narcissa Jo pounced on him. A few minutes later she was stripped down to her knickers, straddling him on the couch, when all of a sudden she felt a strong urge to vomit. She sprinted from the living room and into the bathroom where she emptied her stomach of its contents.

Thomas came in to check on her. "Are you okay Cissa Jo?"

"Yeah," she said after rinsing her mouth out and reaching for the spare toothbrush she kept at his place. "I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me."

"Oh good," he said blowing out a deep breath. "For a second there I thought you might be pregnant," he chuckled.

Narcissa Jo looked at him in the mirror. "Pregnancy is not the only cause of nausea Thomas."