22.

[A/N~ you reached the goal so quickly and i'm so happy that you're all loving this book. :') and i always (well almost) keep my promises. so here's the long awaited chap. brace yourself for the feels. enjoyy! <3 ]

NIALL AND MARCEL.

The next day after Louis had finally convinced Marcel to go back home, he had called Niall, telling him that this was his last chance and that Marcel had went to his house. And as soon as he disconnected the call, Niall put on his shoes and ventured out, not giving a damn about the rain.

He needed to talk to Marcel, to see him. This was driving him mad. Staying away from Marcel made him realise that he needs him more than he ever thought.

Walking through the rain, Niall wondered if Marcel had been as depressed being away from him as he had been?

He hoped to God Marcel forgives him and sees that Niall realised his mistake.

~*~

Marcel had moved back into his house yesterday, and the quietness, the loneliness was bothering him. He had no idea why. He always used to live alone before, so why was this bothering him now?

Marcel shook off the feeling, trying to concentrate on the movie playing on his telly. The rain slashed harder against the windows, as Marcel turned the volume louder.

The rain instantly reminded him of the date, and he coaxed himself to stop thinking about it again, getting his mind off that tangent.

Niall had stopped texting and calling him since yesterday, and Marcel didn't know how to feel about that. Now that he wanted to talk to Niall, was he actually too late?

Marcel decided to just see what happens when he goes to his classes tomorrow.

Marcel's front door banged loudly, as if police were about to raid his apartment. He junped with a start then stood up cautiously, listening.

"Marcel! I know you're in there!" Niall banged on the door, and Marcel was frozen in his spot, his heart hammering in his chest. Niall was here, outside his door. He was actually here and still very much wanting to talk to him. This is it. He promised himself he was going to give Niall a chance to explain. And he was going to.

Niall was still adamant to talk to Marcel, and Marcel owed him that much. To listen to what he has to say.

Taking a deep breath, Marcel walked up to his front door. Nervously running a hand through his curly hair, Marcel grasped the doorknob, slowly pulling the door open.

Niall was standing on the other side, dripping wet, his hair stuck to his forehead, panting. Their eyes locked. Marcel felt a rush of different emotions he couldn't pinpoint.

They stared at each other in silence, the only sounds heard were of the relentless downpour and Niall's ragged breathing.

Marcel noticed how Niall was just in a flimsy band tee shirt which clung to his torso like a second skin.

"God I fucking missed you so much!" Niall finally broke the tense silence, and before Marcel could sense what was happening, Niall lunged forward and pinned Marcel to the wall, their eyes locked, their breaths mixing, bodies pressed together.

"W-what are you doing Niall?" Marcel breathed, his heart hammering against his ribcage as he felt Niall's own erratic heartbeat against his chest, as Niall brushed their noses together, both boys closing their eyes at the comforting feeling of being near each other after so long.

"I'm so- I'm so fucking sorry Marcel. Just. Please. I'll explain everything," Niall said, bracing his hands on either side of Marcel's body, against the wall.