Try to Keep Your Head Up

"Scary movie time!" Louis announced. "There is no way that I am watching a scary movie," I said. "Tess is a scaredy-cat!" Louis said. "I know I am. I am not watching a scary movie," I crossed my arms. "Too bad," Harry came up behind me, threw me over his shoulder, and carried me over to the couch.

"Harry! I trusted you!" I hit his back. He chuckled and threw me onto the couch. I immediately tried to jump off the couch, but two pairs of hands held me back. Niall and Zayn were holding me on the couch. I started kicking wildly. "Someone grab her legs!" Zayn said. Liam came and held my legs down. "Liam! How could you?!" He shrugged. He was going to get it later. I wiggled around, but they had me secured on the couch.

"The movie is in," Louis jumped on the couch next to me as the movie started. Harry sat down next to me and the boys let go. I tried to stand up, but Harry put his hands on my hips and pulled me back onto the couch. I glared at him. He grinned devilishly. His arm came around my waist and pulled me close to his chest. I buried my face in his chest and muttered, "You're lucky you're cute," "What was that?" I could sense his smirk.

"Nothing," I lifted my head up. I watched the screen nervously, awaiting the scariness. About ten minutes in, some monster thing popped out and I screamed. Every boy jumped at my scream. I clung to Harry, tears threatening to spill. I dared to look up and the movie was calm again.  Soon, blood splattered the screen and someone was beheaded. I hid my face in Harry's shoulder and cried. His lips were near my ear now.

"It's not real, Tess," He whispered. I snuggled even closer to him. I stayed like that until the end of the movie. "It's over," Zayn said. I looked up and the screen was blank. I hopped up and said, "Thanks for the worst two hours ever," And with that, I stalked off to my room.

"Tess!" Harry caught up to me as I was opening the door to my room. I was practically shaking. I don't think I was going to sleep tonight. "What?" "Are you okay?" I shook my head. "I'm sorry. It was Louis' idea and I thought maybe you'd like it, as you've never seen a scary movie before," "Well, as you can see, I didn't like it," I walked into my room, grabbing a bottle of water. I took a sip, trying to calm myself. It was fake, Tess. No one is going to kill you or the boys. I closed my eyes, trying to talk myself out of a panic attack. Harry's arms came around me.

"Just breathe, Tess. It wasn't real. I won't let anything hurt you," He knew how I could never talk myself out of illogical thoughts. I nodded. "Do you want me to stay here?" "Yeah," I nodded. I changed into my pajamas and slipped into bed. Harry joined me and wrapped his arms around me. I stared into his eyes, which started to steady my breathing. He smiled and my eyes fluttered shut. Soon, I was totally relaxed and going to sleep.

~

I let the cold water run over my hands. I shook them out and dried them on the white towel next to the sink. After three rounds of soap, my hands were finally clean. I left the bathroom to come face to face with my boyfriend. MY boyfriend. Have to get used to that.

"Hey," I smiled. "Hands," He said. I rolled my eyes. I'm not twelve anymore, Harold. I reluctantly held them out. "Tess, baby, you have to stop washing your hands so much," He said, running a finger over my dry hand. "You know I can't help it," "I want you to try to stop it," "I am trying," I said. "Okay, because I was thinking that you could go see a specialist in New York," "I don't know, Harry..." "Just think about, okay?" He lifted my chin. I nodded.

He sighed and I walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of apple juice out of the fridge. Harry had followed me into the kitchen and quickly snatched the juice from me. "Harry!" I groaned. He took a sip then said, "So since we're having dinner with your mom in L.A., I thought maybe we could tell her about us? Maybe talk about going public?" "She'll never allow us to date," I said, then turned away from him. I grabbed another bottle of apple juice.