“Butter and syrup, right?”

“Right.” I said taking a pancake and setting it on my plate.

He came back and placed the butter and syrup on the table and grabbed a pancake for himself. We sat in silence for a little while.

“So,” Eric started, “who all knows about the baby?”

“You and Chrissy.”

“You haven’t told your parents yet?”

“No, I wanted to tell you first.”

“So when are you going to tell them? And what are you going to tell them?”

“I don’t know when, I have about four weeks before I start to show. And what do you mean what am I going to tell them?”

“I mean are you going to tell them that your teacher knocked you up?”

“Oh,” I said, “I hadn’t thought about it, I was more concerned with what I was going to tell you.” I told him honestly.

“I was thinking that maybe we could introduce me first to your parents as your boyfriend who happens to be your teacher. Tell the truth about us and what happened, breaking up and such, how it was my idea to start going back out, you agreed.”

I cut him off there, “No, it was my idea to start going back out. If we tell them we tell them it was me, not you, we want them to like you.”

“Fine,” he said reluctantly. “We tell them the truth, but exaggerate the time. Such as we didn’t start dating again until this weekend. So they don’t feel out of the loop or like we were trying to hide this from them.”

“That sounds really good.” I said liking that plan. “Then will give them two to three weeks to really get to know you and what not, before I tell them I’m pregnant. That way we aren’t springing all three on them at one time. But I’ll tell them I just found out that I’m pregnant, like the day before, not that I found out this past Wednesday. Okay?”

“Okay, I guess that will work. But I want to be there when you tell them about the baby.”

“Eric, no, my dad will kill you! If I tell them it gives them time to get used to it before they see you next time.”

“Kate, I’m not hiding from your parents. I want to show them that I’m not leaving you. Promise you wont tell them by yourself, that we will tell them together.”

“I don’t know…” I said, I wasn’t sure if Eric being there would be a good idea or not.

“Kate, Promise me. This is important to me!” I could see he was trying to plead me with his eyes.

“Fine, I promise you will be there when I tell my parents.”

“Thank you.” He said and I could tell he was thankful.

“What about your parents? What are we going to tell them?” I asked.

“We don’t have to.”

“What Eric, you can’t just not tell your parents.”

“Kate, my parents died in a car crash when I was a baby.”

“What?” I asked. “How come you didn’t tell me this sooner?”

“It never really came up, I guess. I was raised my grandma, my grandpa ran off shortly after my mom was born. So it was just the two of us. My dad’s parents died when he was in his twenties, I don’t even remember them. My grandma died when I was 19, it was the hardest thing I had ever gone through.” He said.

I got up from my seat and went to sit on his lap, so I could pull him into a hug. Silent tears started falling on my shoulder, and I just held him tighter. This was the first time I had ever seen him even come close to crying, and my heart went out to him. We stayed like that for a few minutes before he put his head up and wiped away the tears.

“Sorry, it’s just we were really close. I almost dropped out of college and it was really bad. And I’m sorry for not telling you sooner.”

“You’re fine, I forgive you. But you should never apologize about crying, it lets me know how much you truly cared for her. And that makes me love you all the more.”

“I love you too.” He said as he placed a kiss on my lips. We sat there for a little while longer. Just me sitting on his lap our arms wrapped around each other in content silence.

We spent the rest of the day just hanging around his house. I didn’t get sick anymore while I was with Eric, which I was thankful for. We were just happy to spend a day in each other’s company. We talked about what we thought the baby would look like, about his fond memories with his grandmother, and our future together.

By the time I got home it was about 11 pm. Both my parents were in bed sound asleep. After leaving me for the summer by myself, they trust me to be responsible. I went up to my room and went straight to bed.

*************************************************************************************************

ok so i know that was a little shorter, but it is part 3 of a chapter, and if you put them all together it would be really long.... so... yeah...

anyways this is my update before i leave on a small, weeklong trip. i am bringing my laptop but i'm not promising updates, or that i will be writing. sorry but i'm staying with my cousin who i don't get to see a lot, and i want to spend as much time as possible with her. and then when i get home my sister is in town and again i only see her 3ish times a year for about a week each time so i want to spend time with her. but the month of august i should be all yours. i will try to write in between now and then, i really want to but again no promises. i do want to finish this story before i go back to school, but i have no idea if that will happen.

thanks for reading my long rant, probably more info then you wanted but oh well. also thank you so much for reading my story it means a lot!

next chapter Eric meets the parents as boyfriend and teacher... OH NO!!!!! 

please comment and vote! comment no matter what (please) but vote if you think it deserves it! i'm thinking of entering it in the wattys but i'm not sure that if i don't finish it by the time school starts that i will finish it by the deadline, but let me know what you guys think?

again thanks!!!!!!!!