Prologue

I was impatiently waiting dito sa bahay namin because apparently my parents called me to announce something important.

I was about to lay comfortably down the sofa when my mom shrieked, ran towards my direction and hugged me so tight. "My baby, persephone!"

She was endlessly throwing kisses which tainted my face leaving her kiss marks around my face. This happens all the time pag nasa bahay ako. My school is a lot of miles away from my house, that is why I do not get to spend much time with my parents since I live in a dorm near my school.

"Athena, calm down. Baka nasasakal na si Selene. Hi, baby." I opened my arms, inviting my father to come near and join in the hugging session. "Oh god, I missed you both so much!"

After our hugging and welcoming sessions, dumiretso na kami sa dining table since my father invited over my favorite chef. Before when I was young, I never wanted to taste any food if it was not cooked by my favorite chef, Chef Javier. He's known for his exemplary dishes that will bring you to another universe once you tasted any of his specialties.

"Oh anak, regarding the announcement, please do not be too shocked," My mom said as she was evenly distributing the grilled steak sa plato namin ni Dad. I nodded in response to what she said.

I saw my mom and dad looked at each other and inhaled deeply, as if they were about to say something that would change my life.

"Anak.." I was gesturing my hand signaling him to continue. Sobrang nakakabitin kasi, e.

"You're gonna get married in 6 months."

It's as if my world stopped turning for a minute. What the f-uck is happening? Hindi ako tanga para hindi ko maintindihan yun. I cannot seem to utter the right words to say. Tama ba 'tong nasa isip ko? I was not sure if I was thinking the same thing as my parents, but nevertheless tinanong ko parin, hoping I'd get a different response.

"A-arranged marriage?" They simultaneously nodded.

This will be the death of me.