"Yeah...I was uh...concerned. Real concerned."

"I had a strange dream when I was asleep, you know," Audrey said. Jason still refused to look up at her but had her voice taken on a slightly...husky quality? "It was pretty weird."

"Oh yeah?" Jason replied, still not looking at her, feeling himself sweat more. "What was it?"

"I dreamed you were kissing me."

Now Jason felt himself practically flushed all over. He looked up at Audrey. She was red in the face. He swallowed hard. Very hard, as he stared up into her eyes. He licked his lips and tried to say something but all that came out was a little sputtering incoherent babble.

Audrey stared down at him. She swallowed deeply then smiled. "It...it was a nice dream," She said, her features radiant in the evening rays. Her antennae finally stopped twitching and went still. "Yeah...it was um...really nice..." She licked her lips, stammering over her words herself.

"Y-yeah," Jason said, his voice cracking. He awkwardly rubbed at his neck, feeling really hot under the collar. "Um..." Fuck, what do I say? That I really did kiss her? Is that creepy? Weird? Fuck! I can't think straight!

Audrey stared down at him. She tapped two of her massive fingers together. "I..." She stumbled over her words too, seemingly unable to form a coherent thought. Jason bit his lips and swallowed before blurting something out.

"Ah..." He gulped and said, "Ah...you know, uh, it might nod have been a dream?" He swallowed deeply, feeling as if something had constricted around his throat. "It might have been...you know..."

Audrey cocked her head. He trailed off. She stared at him for a moment before she blinked.

"Did you really...?"

Jason laughed nervously. He rubbed at his neck more furiously. "I, uh..." Man, it is really fucking hot in here. So fucking hot. Jesus, I feel like I'm burning up. "Well..." He clenched a fist deeply and mentally thought: Ah, screw it.

"Yeah," He said, looking back up at the towering beetle girl. "I...I kissed you, Audrey."

They stared at each other, eyes locking. Jason's heartbeat quickened. Audrey gulped, antennae perfectly still, and whispered, "I liked it a lot. Could you...do it again?"

Jason froze up. His skin prickled and his hands got all clammy. But those words were the words he'd wanted to hear for a long time, even if he didn't quite know it. He reached up, one hand touching her cheek. He wished his costume's glove wasn't in the way, so he could touch her soft, pale skin. Audrey leaned down, her lips opening, her breaths coming faster and faster.

"I've...never kissed a boy before," She whispered. Jason smiled and twisted her neck, angling his lips toward her own.

"I've never kissed a girl before..."

Audrey laughed again, her massive form stooping down to reach his lips. One giant hand pressed against his backside and pulled him gently close. Jason let it, heart continuing to beat away.

"I thought you said you kissed me?" She asked, their lips almost touching. Jason could feel her warm breath and there seemed to be something of a static charge between them. He shivered, closing his eyes, ready.

"Didn't count...you were unconscious..."

But before they could lock their lips together and take out their mutual feelings for each other, there was a crackling noise behind them. Jason stopped and they both turned. Audrey squeaked in embarrassment, as Jason's cheeks flushed even hotter (it that were possible). For in his excitement, he had forgotten about the soldiers.