Love, Mitch

It was the fanciest restaurant Mitch has ever been to, and he was as full with amazing food as he possibly could after having the most delicious homemade spicy pesto tortellini and trying some of Scott's sweet and sour stuffed chicken along with some baked potatoes that they both decided to share.

"How am I ever going to be able to give this back to you? You've done so much for me."

Scott just shook his head. "You're worrying way too much. You know we either postmate or eat out basically every day, so this... should just be another Tuesday."

Mitch gave a little laugh. "I don't think I'll ever get used to it."

Thankfully, Scott decided to change the topic.

"There's this little street festival downtown. Wanna go?"

Mitch raised his eyebrows. "Street festival?"

"Yeah, like a fair. There's a huge Ferris wheel."

"I'd love to," Mitch said, smiling. "We can take pretty pictures."

Scott chuckled. "Of course you're just thinking about the pictures. Are you scared of heights?" His tone turned serious. Mitch hesitated, not sure what to say until he finally sighed.

"I'm not scared of heights. It's just that... I'm not a big fan of fairs in general. And I've already mentally prepared myself for Universal as we live right across the street..."

"Oh..." Scott laughed nervously. "We don't have to go."

"No," Mitch said, determined. "We're going. I just... Don't wanna go on scary rides. But we can go on the Ferris wheel."

"You sure?"

"Positive. Now, come on." He smiled and suddenly everything was alright again.

"Alright. I'll pay and I'll be back in a second."

***

Even though it was only September, the wind was starting to become more and more chilly with every second. A shiver ran down Mitch's spine, making him shudder.

"Are you cold?"

Mitch shook his head. "No, I'm fine." But Scott wasn't fooled. He took off his famous Off-White jacket (Mitch had seen it on countless occasions as Scott was for some reason determined to wear it to every single show he ever had) and wrapped it around Mitch.

"Better?" He put an arm around his waist in an attempt to warm him up even more, but Mitch nodded.

"I'm fine, Scotty. But thank you."

"Oh my god, it's Scott and Mitch!"

And here we go again.

Instead of the usual group of teenage girls that Scott and Mitch both expected to come, they were faced with an adult couple, or maybe best friends, a woman and a man in their mid-twenties.

"Hi, I'm so sorry for bothering you. I just wanted to tell you that your music has helped me through some hard times, and I wanted to say thank you so much."

"Aw, that's so nice! Thank you," Scott replied, genuinely touched.

"Thank you for helping my wife when I couldn't," the man added, making Scott obviously tear up a little.

"You guys are making me cry," he said, laughing. "Come here." He hugged the woman and gave her husband a bro handshake. Mitch was still very overwhelmed with these situations, so he just stood on the sidelines, smiling shyly until they turned to him.

"It's so nice to meet you, too, Mitch. I love your modeling."

Mitch was left confused for a moment until he remembered the photoshoot for Out Magazine.