Don't Wanna Miss A Thing

They'd talked about everything before they realized that there wasn't really anything to talk about. Everything that they worried about had already been either said over the phone or when Mitch left, so he knew what Scott felt, he just still wasn't sure how he felt about it. 

Without a doubt, Mitch had a crush on Scott and he never needed that kiss to prove that. But was he ready to jump into a relationship with a world famous superstar when he didn't even know how to handle his own worries? Scott knew Mitch had never been in a serious relationship before, always too scared to commit, always preferring to hook up and never see that guy again. But when it came to love, Mitch didn't think he ever truly experienced it. He's never felt that for a person, perfect happiness just from looking at them, staying awake late at night just to talk to them, wanting to do anything just to make this person happy. And seeing them happy is the biggest reward one could get. He's dreamed of it, being in a relationship where you can cuddle up after a long, rough day of work and watch silly comedies together in bed. And after a few years of being by each other's side slowly starting to think about kids. Maybe kids would just be a bunch of Sphynx kittens in Mitch's case, but that didn't matter. When he thought all those things, he imagined experiencing them with Scott. But was he in love? Mitch wasn't sure, and as long as he wasn't, he decided it was for the best to keep Scott safe from another heartbreak.

They both agreed to keep things platonic between them, at least for now. Scott was never a touchy-feely kind of guy, except when drunk, but that was another story. He decided he would ignore his feelings and not talk about them, and then he mumbled "except for in songs" under his breath, but Mitch wasn't quite sure if he'd just imagined it. 

Now, Scott was on stage next to one of his best friends Vincint and they were about to perform a song together. No matter how many times Mitch had tried to at least get the song title out of Scott, he was as clueless as before. 

"So, you know how I never say who I wrote a song for," he began, making Mitch nervous. What was Scott doing? "Well, I'm not gonna say who I'm singing this for now, either, but I think when he hears it he'll know. So... This is a special song for a really special person. I'm sorry." 

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasureDon't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thingLying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God we're together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever
Forever and everDon't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thingI don't want to miss one smile
I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of timeDon't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thingDon't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
I don't want to miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Mitch wanted to film the entire song, but at some point he'd given up and just decided to listen. And then he realized. When he hears this, he'll know. Scott was singing for him. 

A tear made its way down Mitch's cheek and he thought this was it, but more and more followed and blurred his vision until he couldn't see anything anymore. Damn it, he didn't even pack tissues. And now Scott's eyes found him in the crowd and he frowned.

"Thank you," he quickly said before he passed his mic to a very confused Vincint and came down the stage, heading straight towards Mitch. 

"Hi, Scott," Mitch said, smiling. He knew exactly Scott had caught him crying but it was a weird instinct to pretend he was fine.

"What's wrong? Come on, let's go outside." 

Scott took Mitch's hand but Mitch stayed in place. "I'm okay, Scott. Really." When Scott still didn't look convinced, Mitch added, "I just really love this song."

"Come on, let's go to a more quiet place."

Finally, they made their way outside of the venue and were sat on the stairs.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that. Did I make things weird?" Scott whispered after a while. Mitch shook his head.

"You didn't."

"You know I barely ever talk about my feelings unless I'm really upset or drunk. But when I'm singing, it's different.. Every song that I write or sing is so personal to me, but the people that I sing about usually don't know. I refuse to sing songs if I can't connect to them emotionally. So it would've been a song about you either way, of course. I just had the choice whether I'd tell you or not."

"It's.. very sweet of you."

"You don't have to pretend it was an alright thing to do. We've just cleared the table and I already stepped over a line again." He sighed, hiding his face in his hands. "Let's just... Not talk about stuff I say in my songs. I feel so vulnerable."

Mitch hesitated for a moment. A part of him wanted to know exactly what Scott was feeling but he was practically begging Mitch not to push so he let it go. "Okay. But if you ever wanna talk about it, I'll listen."

"Thank you. Now, let's go back inside?"

"Sure. But one more thing before we.. ignore this. I wanna know.. Is this the only song.. about.."

"No."

"Which ones..?"

Scott bit his lip. He's never told anyone if he wrote a song for them. Don't Wanna Miss A Thing was a cover, so he felt like it was fine because he didn't write it, but now...

"It's okay if you don't wanna say it, I shouldn't have-"

"No, it's fine, I-" He bit his lip again, but this time he sighed. "Hurry Up is about you. And a  couple more but they're not... done yet."

Suddenly, Mitch huffed out a chuckle. Scott frowned.

"What?"

"I'm sorry. I'm just starting to think we're not made to be platonic."