Superdouche pt 2

A/N: You know what day it is? I didn't realize until my friend asked me about it today out of all days and I looked it up and realized that I started writing this story exactly one year ago!! While that does seem like a long time for, what,  28 chapters, it has also been on hold for months but I'm glad I could find motivation and ideas to continue it and now we're here!! It amazes me every time how far this story has come. On another note, we hit 11k today so thank y'all so much for that!! <3 
Okay, and now, enjoy x
_

"Kirstie... I wanted to take a moment. To thank you."

Kirstie looked up, surprised, the cup of coffee still in her hands. Mitch hadn't taken her out to a nice café in downtown New York without any reason - he wanted to genuinely show his best friend how thankful he was that she wasn't leaving him alone now. Of course, this weird rollercoaster of emotions was kind of his own fault, but not once did she say I told you so, which he really appreciated.

"You've been nothing but supportive of me in the past few weeks that I've just been... moping around," he began. "I wanted to say thank you. And I've really missed spending time with you."

"Mitchy, I've missed you too." She smiled and took one of his hands with hers. "And of course I'm here for you. You're my best friend."

"And you're mine." Mitch smiled back. "What do you want for Christmas?"

Kirstie just shook her head. "You know exactly you don't need to get me anything. I just want your love."

"Alright, then you're gonna get some nice, scented soap." Mitch shrugged in playful indifference, sipping on his latte. "Do you like lavender or would you rather have something fruity?"

Kirstie laughed, making Mitch join in. "I'm serious, Mitch. I want your fruity ass on my couch on Christmas and I'll be happy."

"You're very sweet. But I noted that you prefer fruity." He winked.

"You're impossible," Kirstie said chuckling. "But I still love you."

"I heard there's an ice rink ten minutes from here. Wanna go?"

"Sure!" Kirstie finished her coffee and put on her warm coat. "Let's go!"

The moment they stepped outside of the small café, Mitch couldn't help but gasp and look up at the sky. "Kit! It's snowing!" He stuck out his tongue to catch some of the flakes and Kirstie copied him. They walked around like little kids seeing snow for the first time (being from the south, it really felt that way sometimes) until they finally arrived at the ice rink and got their skates.

"I haven't been ice skating in years," Mitch suddenly realized. "I hope I don't fall and break a leg or something."

"You won't. Actually, I want you to hold my hand so I don't fall."

"I don't think that's a great ide-"

Kirstie grabbed Mitch's hand. "Come on!"

They both carefully waddled to the rink and got on the exceptionally slippery ice. Mitch could see the layer of water he was standing in but he just tried to ignore it and held Kirstie tight.

"We'll just both make sure we don't fall then?" He chuckled.

"Okay, let's just..." She carefully got in front of him. "Let's just try this and see what happens."

Turned out Mitch's skills were just rusty and once they'd skated their third round, he could skate without help but he still held Kirstie's hand when he noticed she was a little shaky.

"No, it's okay," she said, letting go of his hand. "Let's skate a round without holding hands. I wanna see if I can do this."

"Alright. One, two, three, go!"