27. Trap

Ironhand

Ironhand

I walk out the clubhouse and go straight to the gym. Lysa invited me yesterday for a sparring session and I am looking forward to it. I can't stand myself anymore. I want to crawl out of my skin. I ride all the time, I work out, I even visited Bjorn to distract myself.

That last one backfired. Not only I had to endure seeing Bjorn and Ava act like lovebirds, not only I had to bear Bjorn being ridiculously happy with his daughter in his arms, I was subjected to Ava's interrogation about Chiara.

Apparently, the Valkyries and Chiara have become friends. They invited her to a day off, they've been out for shopping and lunch. This is bad. The cunning Russian pressed for details in her own subtle way and got her answers even when I kept my mouth shut. I like Ava, she is my best friend's wife and a damn good Valkyrie but I wanted to punch her in the face with all that "Chiara is so great" shit.

I am fully aware fucking Chiara is great, for the love of Tyr! Last thing I need is a constant reminder of that while I try to live out my days pretending she didn't exist in the first place. Pretending that I never got a taste of her body, that I never got close to her than anyone else in my life.

I push the door to the gym ready to vent some pent-up anger in the ring. But I freeze on spot. There, in the ring, it's her. Chiara! In tight shorts and a sports bra. Goddamnit, she is so fucking hot. I forget everything, the past weeks we've been apart, the pain being away from her brought me. I am back in the cabin and she is mine to touch and taste. I take one wide step her way, ready to grab her and take her in my arms. And I stop. No.

As if sensing me, Chiara drops her arms and turns to me. She is flushed and sweating and she almost looks like she did when we were making love. Apart from that deep gaze she drowned me in while I was inside her. But when her eyes settle on me, it makes its appearance.

A wanting look clouds her eyes and her attention wraps my whole body warmly. When she pins me once more, she is asking me to go to her, take her, throw her against a wall, tear her clothes apart and ravage her. I am tempted once more, obeying her desire. I want this so much, I stir in my drawstrings violently. No.

I lift my chin, give her one cold look and I search for Lysa. Right on cue, Lysa walks up to me with a wicked smile on her lips. Fucking little... I grind my teeth together and promise to teach her a painful lesson in the ring.

"Oh, Ironhand. I totally forgot we had a sparring session tonight," she toys with me. "You see, I have been training Chiara these past few days."

"No gyms back in Cisco?" I eye Chiara.

Chiara's look goes icy and her jaw tenses. Good. I need to drive her away and keep her there. I know how to do that, I have been doing that my whole life. Only this time, I don't want to. I have to but I don't want to.

"If we are done here," Chiara throws at Lysa.

"No, no. Just a little while longer. You need to be ready."

Ready for what? I don't like it and though I shouldn't care, I do. Chiara is a natural risk-taker, a brave woman and a walking disaster. What has she gotten herself into this time?

"Why?" I ask Chiara as she unwraps her hands.

"Back off, Girard. This is none of your business," she bites and tries to walk away.

I grab her by the arm and force her to face me. My whole body jolts at the contact. She is close, as close as she was in the cabin when she slept curled up by my side. Her scent hits me and I let a growl from deep within me. Focus, damn it!

"What the fuck have you gotten into, Chiara?" I demand.

"As I said, none of your freaking business. And don't take that tone with me, Girard, cause it gets so old at some point," she fights to free herself from me.

Tough luck. I pull her tighter and she has no choice but to steady herself against me. Her hands fall flat on my bare chest and I hiss at the contact. My body livens up after weeks of slumber and her feel against me, pleases me. Her long eyelashes caress her cheeks as she blinks slowly and her perfect, big lips are in a shocked O that tempts me to take advantage of. Great Spirits, she makes me forget myself.

I know she is affected by me as well. I feel the pulse where I am holding her, I see her breath go swallow and I smell her want. The only time my honed senses are a drawback cause seeing her like this for me is killing me.

But I need to be strict and cool and harsh. So, I muster all the logic her body has left me with and I put on my cold mask. She senses the shift in me, drops her hands and fights to wiggle away. Not yet, woman!

"Answer the damn question!" I order.

"Fuck you!" she spits.

Chiara is loud and tough but she rarely swears like that. And she is shaking with anger. A part of me is happy with the result. The other? Is ready to take her and kiss her on that spot behind her ear that I know can melt her into my arms. No! I scream for the hundredth time.

"Chiara!" I demand once more.

"I am not your captive anymore so back off. I pee whenever I want and I there are no handcuffs. I am so over this tough bullshit, Girard."

"You will tell me, Chiara, or I swear to Tyr..."

"Why would you care?" her look is tense. "The cheeky reporter fell head over heels for you and protected the club. Mission accomplished. No need to pretend you care anymore," she is seconds from screaming. "And you don't need to worry. I will keep my mouth shut. So, get off my case and keep the hell away from me."

I release her and for a few seconds, we just stare each other. She is right. I shouldn't care. That's what I want, her staying away from me. She seems pissed enough at me, the false notion that I used her works in my favor. Then why does it tear me apart? Why do I feel the need to grab her and tell her that I still care, that I will always care? I take one step back and look over her shoulder to muster my courage.

"That's right," she throws at me. "Thanks, Lysa."

"Uhm...Anytime," Lysa says.

Chiara turns on her heels and heads to the locker rooms leaving me dumbfounded. I have my eyes pinned on the door when I sense Lysa behind me.

"Nice, Ironhand."

"Lysa, stay the fuck out of this!" I threaten her. "What is she working on?"

Lysa frowns and takes one deep breath. OK, it's bad.