26. Welcome

Chiara

Chiara

I ring the bell and I wait. While I do, I take the place in. It's in the style of a hacienda, with a wild garden outside, mostly hiding the entrance to the world. It figures. After all, people would value some privacy while entering a luxury escort establishment.

The door opens and Jab, the prospect opens and eyes me wearily, gun in hand. He is young, too young to be holding a gun but he seems confident with it and my journalist sense is tingling me. There is a story behind that confidence he has. True to the Rider tradition, Jab is a cute boy, with light brown hair, deep blue eyes and a handsome face.

"Chiara," he greets me.

"Ava invited me over," I look over his shoulder.

"Yeah, she told me you might be stopping by. Go on in. They are out at the pool," he opens the door wide for me.

I walk in and I barely hold my jaw from dropping. When they say "luxury" it means a perfectly set place decorated with impeccable taste and I see Ava's touch everywhere. I may not know the obvious Queen of the Riders that well but the few times I have seen her I was tempted to ask her where she finds her clothes and who dresses her. 

The wide living room has several sofas, tables, a huge heavy dining table and a bar with a bartender behind it. All in all, nothing screams "sex for sale" but it's sophisticated and elegant and I am wondering if that's the main reason this place has become a hot spot for all tycoons in the area. 

"You want something?" Jab waves at the bar.

Close your mouth, I shake my head and go out through the French doors. There is a huge pool there with lounge chairs and colorful umbrellas. Soft music is playing in the background and there is even a buffet. The area is filled with women, some sunbathing, some swimming, some sipping on cocktails. All are smiling, laughing, teasing.

"Chiara!" I hear a voice and I turn to see Lysa walk up to me.

"Wow!" I can't hold back as she walks to me in her swimsuit.

I should have expected the owner of a gym to be fit but she is absolutely stunning. Poor Vik stood no chance before such staggering beauty. No wonder he worships the ground she walks on. Which seems to be a recurrent theme for the Riders and their Valkyries. 

Bjorn, Rage, Vik and Runner they all seem completely devoted to their women. Even Rage seems to be more... human when Iris is around. I guess they share more than "nothing to say". And yes, I am still angry and frustrated and a thousand things more about what Ironhand said last time I met him. 

Nothing to say! Nothing to say about the moments we shared, the moments we were willing to share, about how we opened up to each other, about how he made my body hum for him in pleasure. 

I shake my head to throw those thoughts away. Lysa comes close and beams a wide smile at me and I return the favor awkwardly. There is something scary about all the Valkyries. Ava seems to be downright lethal, Lysa is a personification of power, Magda seems to be not taking any shit. As for sweet Iris, she is after all the Hellhound's mate that watches her with a wary eye lest someone steps on her precious little toes. That's scary enough.