||Chapter Sixteen|| {Part One}

Your body collapsed, wracked with uneven sobbing.

You swore you weren't going to let this happen again.

Jeremy rushed up, phone pressed to his ear. He approached Michael's body.

"H-He doesn't have a pulse... oh, god..." Jeremy said into the phone, before dropping it in shock and stepping back.

Everything faded away.

And you woke up.

This time, you woke up crying, though.

You remembered everything after a couple seconds.

You slammed the button on your alarm and packed the rest of your things.

That's it.

You're getting your Squip back.
_________
What color of Mountain Dew was it again?

Green? No.

Blue, right?

The same place you went to the first time only had blue, anyways.

You stopped there before going to the mall.

You couldn't bring yourself to see Michael yet. Maybe if you let him be, he won't get hurt.

You checked the time. He should be leaving by now.

But if you left now, you would catch him on the way back.

So, you stood around the store for a while.

With an audible 'ding!', the door to the store opened, and someone stepped in.

You blinked in astonishment as Michael himself headed to the fountain drinks.

This wasn't normal, right?

Or maybe it was perfectly normal.

Just seeing him made you want to start bawling. You felt terrible.

He saved your life.

You seriously owed him. Well, you owed past-Michael.

You sighed, and exited the store before he could see you.

You accidentally knocked over a bag of chips, but you hadn't time to fix it.

Oh, well.

You ran to the mall, barely making it in before it started pouring rain.

Thunder rang across the place, and you frowned.

You got the Squip, and....

Wait, how were you going to get home?

You couldn't ask your aunt. No way. You lied to her, and it'd be obvious if you came home empty-handed.

You grumbled, and sat down on a bench.

You didn't want to take the pill around people.

You saw Jeremy stumble around and mutter to himself from afar.

"Jeremy!" You called. He didn't seem to hear you.

But, as if someone was pointing towards you, he trailed his gaze to you.

And he smiled.

He quickly shuffled over to you.

"H-Hey!! You're (Y/n), right?" He quirkily said.

"Mhm." You smiled back.

"My Squip told me all about you. They put a lot of emphasis on helping you. I'm not sure why, though." Jeremy shrugged.

  He was wearing an Eminem shirt, as you had previously seen him wearing. A nervous smile was plastered on his face along with small dots of acne that speckled his features.

  A sparkle of curiosity glinted across his turquoise eyes. You could tell that he didn't fix his hair this morning, unlike how you were used to seeing.

"So, you're like some super-cool time traveler, right?" He giddily asked.

"It's not as cool as it sounds." You frowned.

"Well, I'm jealous that you have a chance to fix things, honestly. There's so much dumb stuff I wish didn't happen. Or stuff that did happen." Jeremy looked down.

"I guess you have a point. It's just that I don't understand what's going wrong!" You sighed in exasperation.

Jeremy looked back up, and met your gaze.

"Maybe it's not 'what', but 'who.'" He said quietly.