||Chapter Seven||

Today was the day.

You could finally get out of that weirdly clean building.

"Alrighty! Just be sure to check back with us once a month, so we can monitor your progress." A nurse said. She was holding a clipboard.

They're always holding a clipboard.

Michael was there looking all giddy, which made you laugh. He's like a little kid.

You aunt was in happy tears as you used your crutches to wobble out of the hospital.

"I'm going to school soon, right?" You asked your aunt as you all approached her car.

"Oh! Yeah. You should be registered." She said, unlocking the car.

Michael got in the back, and you shoved the crutches in the back with him.

"I know I never mentioned it, but... I may have... uh.." Michael trailed off quietly.

"What is it?" You turned your head to him from the front seat.

"I did all of your work while you've been in the hospital." He stammered.

"Woah. What the heck? You didn't have to do that for me." Your eyes widen.

"I just got bored, I guess..." He shrugged.
___________

This morning, you wake up before your alarm.

It was the first day of school.

Well, for you, at least.

You stretched after sitting up, grabbing your crutches.

You got dressed, ate some cereal, and got ready for the day.

"Bye!!" You shouted to your aunt. She was probably sleeping. She does that a lot.

Michael was waiting for you outside of your apartment.

"I can carry your stuff." He smiled, holding his hand out.

You remember a nurse telling you that it's unsafe to have a backpack on.

He slid it off of you before you could protest.

You huffed in annoyance.

You were about to take the stairs, until you realized that wasn't a good idea.

"I feel like a grandma." You grumbled, going down the smooth path.

You know, like the one for the disabled.

"What's wrong with grandmas??" Michael laughed, sliding down the railing.

His slide was a little wobbly, since he was carrying two bags.

"I feel like you're just showing off." You smiled.

"Maybe." He sang, skipping down to the bus stop.

"Rude!" You whined, following as quick as you could.
___________

"The principal said that I can walk you to all your classes to help with your stuff." Michael walked with you through the halls.