"Oh God Daniel, that sounds awful. You should come home with me this year, finally meet Julie and Simon. How about it? It would be nothing special, just a quiet Christmas." I suddenly remember that I am talking to a movie star who is used to the finer things in life, and possibly the idea of spending Christmas in a little village, with my parents must sound awful to him. "No pressure though. My childhood home will be nothing like yours... it's just a normal house in a little village. So, I would completely understand if you would rather stay in London-"

He cuts me off with a kiss. "That sounds perfect to me. I would love to finally meet your parents and the thought of spending a couple of days with your family, in your childhood home, sounds wonderful. Speak to your Mom when we get back to make sure it's OK though, yeah?"

I grin at him wholeheartedly. "OK, but it won't be a problem. She may feel the need to parade you around the village a bit though. It is my duty to warn you."

"I can live with that." He laughs and then raises my hand to his lips, so that he can gently kiss my knuckles.

"So, tell me about all the exciting plans you have for next year. I want to hear all about it." I lie back down next to him and snuggle in close. We both look up at the clear sky, waiting for the Northern Lights to hopefully make their appearance.

"Things are going to be very different this time around. I had already planned to take time off throughout this year, so it fell lucky meeting you. But, next year I was expecting to be very much single and hoping to fill my time as much as possible. So, I'm signed up for three films." He winces and waits for my response.

"Oh." Is all I manage to get out because I'm not sure what I was expecting him to say. Other than some reshooting commitments and publicity, I haven't experienced being with Daniel when he is filming.  I don't want him to feel guilty about his career, so I quickly compose myself. "Wow, three films. What are they?"

"The first is the film that I went over to Ireland for a few months ago."

"Tell me the story please."

"Well, as you know, I play a Knight. His name is Sir William Marshal and he is the protector of the King. William is in love with Lady Cordelia and will do anything for her. He is blinded by his love for her and doesn't realise that she is really conspiring with the King's brother to have the King murdered. " Daniel sits up and looks back down at me, clearly excited about the story he is describing.

"Now, William's childhood best friend is Lady Eloise and William has no idea that she has been madly in love with him since they were small, he just takes her for granted. But, Eloise has figured out what is really going on. So Cordelia lies to William about a murderous plot and he goes off on a mission, thinking he is saving the King." I listen eagerly, absorbed by the story. "The King's brother and Cordelia plan to murder the King while William is away, but Eloise warns him."

"William figures it all out at the same time and races home, realising that he is really in love with Eloise. When he gets home there is a huge battle and he kills the King's brother." Daniel pauses and I clap my hands together thinking the ending will be a happy one.

"William thinks he has saved the day, but finds out that Cordelia has poisoned Eloise. He gets to Eloise just in time for him to tell her he loves her and then she dies. William is hell bent on revenge and kills Cordelia. He then condemns himself to live the rest of his life in isolation, so he leaves England to lead the King's army in Europe."

"That is so sad. Why couldn't he save her?"

"Because sometimes you can't always save the ones you love."

"Who would write that? I would change it to say that he gets there just in time and saves her-"

Daniel laughs loudly. "Then they live happily ever after?"  He raises his eyebrows.

"Yep, exactly that. Married, fat and lots of children around them."

"I love the way you see things."

"You should always have a happy ending in stories because you don't always get one in real life. It sounds great, but I know I will cry... probably embarrassingly so! What else are you doing?"

"Well, I've never done a horror before. So with everything that happened between us, I wanted to do something completely different. I'm going to play a ghost hunter who everyone thinks is a joke and a fraud. Then weird shit starts happening in a remote village and they call on him to try and get rid of the ghosts. But, what they don't realise is that he is really working for the Devil and wants all of their souls." He grabs my sides and pretends to bite me. I jump out of my skin.

I swat him away. "You idiot!" I scream.

He chuckles ominously. "The third one at the end of next year is the second Detective Walker film. I'm so looking forward to resuming my role as Joe. Although he is a tough character to play, he brings out things in me I didn't know were there."

"I loved the first movie, you were amazing. It must be great to be able to pretend to be other people for a while."

"Yeah, it is... most the time. Sometimes it is a little heavy and I struggle to leave the character at work. So, if I'm a bit different when I'm shooting, just let me know."

"Different like Joe Walker might be good." I wiggle my eyebrows at him and he bursts out laughing. "I'm only joking... well, mostly. It might be worth your while to bring the leather jacket he wears home though." I giggle as he tickles me.

We immediately pull away as the bell starts to ring and look up the sky. The darkness is met by a subtle twirling pattern, almost like smoke is drifting across the stars. The grey formation then begins to thicken, covering the dark sky behind it. Flashes of vivid green and yellow then start to dance hypnotically across the night sky.

I sit up, never taking my eyes from the magnificent sight. I reach out for Daniel's hand and grip it tightly when I feel his fingers beneath mine. I hold my breath as I witness the power of nature create a shimmering stairway all the way to heaven. I almost feel like I could climb it and get to her.

As if he can sense what I am feeling, he sits up next to me and rests his arm around my shoulder. "She definitely would look just like you." He whispers against my ear and then places a kiss across the salty tears that have silently escaped my eyes.

- hey guys.

So this chapter was a little emotional, but Charlotte isn't really very far from Lizzie's thoughts, so I wanted to include her.

Hope you enjoyed it and can't wait to hear what you think.

Please tick the little star -