"I'm ...... Great ...... And you?"

"Never better. Never. Better."

He carefully pulled out of me and went into the bathroom to dispose of the condom. When he came back, he had a wet washcloth that he used to clean me up. It was warm and felt amazing.

"Thanks"

"Do you want a bath? If you're sore, it'll help."

"What I want, more than anything, is for you to get back over here and hold me tight."

"As you wish."

He put the washcloth in the hamper and we both got under the covers. I really didn't want to fall asleep just yet, it was only 8pm. But I knew I needed to feel his warmth. I spent so much time fearing sex, being afraid of being hurt again. Part of me wishes I had done this a long time ago, but I'm sure it could never have been that good.

Eli was the epitome of patience and he knew exactly what I needed. I truly found a diamond in the rough, I wasn't going to let anything get in our way.

***

We ended up falling asleep, but I couldn't feel bad about it. I woke up and it was still dark out. I looked at the time and it was 4:30am. Definitely not a time I would typically get up, but I'd gotten a full night's sleep, plus I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep anymore.

I loved that I was still in his arms. I tried to move slowly, in an attempt to not wake him up. Once I was on my back and scooting to the edge of the bed, I basked in his beauty. I can't imagine how I got so lucky. Then I realized that Eli was an answer to my prayers. I had stopped praying for a man years ago, but I know God doesn't always work on our time schedule. He knew that I would eventually meet Eli, as long as I continued my work. He directed me to this camp site, it all made sense. Eli is my miracle. I had a hole in me the size of the grand canyon, but all I needed was him.

I got up to use the bathroom and brush my teeth. I thought about cooking some breakfast, but I didn't want to wake Eli, he deserved the extra sleep. I tiptoed into the bedroom and crawled back into bed. Spending more time cuddling with him sounded like a good plan.

"What time is it?"

"Hey, I'm so sorry I woke you up. Oh, it's 4:45am"

"Ugh... okay. Might as well take advantage of it. Come on."

Eli groggily got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom. I thought I would give him some privacy, so I went to the kitchen. I thought about making something, but my stomach wasn't up for it this early. So I decided on a banana, it was perfect.

He walked out in just grey work-out shorts, his well defined body on display, just for me. I offered him some fruit and he grabbed an orange. He made us some coffee, which I wanted but had no idea how to work his k-cup thing. I guessed I'd need a lesson soon.

"So, what are we doing this early in the morning?"

"I've got an idea, but you'll have to trust me."

"Sounds ominous, but I trust you."

After we finished our light breakfast, he put more coffee into a thermos, while I put on some suitable lounge wear.

"Come on, follow me."

We went out through the French doors that led to his backyard, which was basically the lake. I thought we were going to sit on the dock, but then he untied his boat. No. No. No.

"Um... I'm not getting in that thing."

"Really? I know you've said that you don't want to, but there has to be more to it. I want to take you out on the lake and watch the sunrise."